LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saurav Roy   25 November 2015

Legal Implications On Breaking A Company's Bond Agreement

I used to work in a IT company in noida.I joined the company as a fresher but there in no training only company employee used to give presentations. But as per the bond if I leave the company I have to pay about of 100000 for training. 2.5 yr bond.but after one month I was diagnosed with dengue so I moved back to my home and resigned on medical grounds.now they ar asking for 100000 otherwise they will take leagal action.I heard that u can't ask for money spend on training purposes. Plz help me.I don't know what to do now.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 November 2015

You are not properly informed.

If company has spent its monies on some certified course from some Instt, provided training that added to your qualfication, provided extar ordinary bebenfits etc then it may have a valid claim.

However company may be required to produce the evidence of expense and jsutification of claim staked by it.

As per your post NO Training was provided. It is obligation and responsibility of the company to provide training related to products/processes/startegies/policies/pricing/competition etc to employee to enable the employee to handle its counters.

In such case the company may not succeed to extarct monies from you.

You should have rather applied for medical sickness leave and let company terminate you for extended leaves/absence due to prolonged sickness.

You have signed the Bond by your free WILL, and that gives company the discretion to issue notices and and bother you and even approach court of law. If company approaches court of law then court shall decide on merits.

It shall be appropriate to show all docs on record e.g. job advt,job application, interview call letter, offer letter, selection letter, appointment letter, Bond, etc to able counsel specializing in such matters.

You may demand to supply you the salary slip and salary of the period worked by you.

Saurav Roy   25 November 2015

No formal training is given to us.only some presentation that also given by team leader .no project is given to me.do they really going to take legal action.what do u think?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register