Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harikrishna   29 March 2017

Leagal notice based on promissory note

Dear Law Experts,

One year back my father was expired and all of a sudden, two days back (27.03.2017) we got legal notices from the court mentioning that we need to pay Rs/- 14,00,000 based on two seperate promissory notes on which my father signature was there. We don't even know about the persons through whom notices were issued from court. Right now only one property worth Rs/- 5,00,000 is still there on my father's name which is not yet transferred to any of our family members and few other properties are there on my mother's name which are all legally registered son many years back (Approximately 4 yrs back), i.e. before the date mentioned in the promissory notes. However we (sons & daughters of my father) don't have any properties on our name as on date. Can you please advice me the best possile way that how can we proceed and face them legally in this situation?

We are in a deep trouble now and appreciate your valuable suggestion please.

Thanks

Harish

Learning

3 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     30 March 2017

Sir, You are liable for the debts of your late father only to the extent to which you have partaken in his property. Under the circumstances consult an advocate and file your reply to the notice. Good luck, Kishor Mehta

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     31 March 2017

The entire case file is required to be seen for proper appreciation of facts of the case, forming an opinion, guide/advise and proceed in a proper manner, as required, contact/consult and engage a local lawyer.

V.Govindaradjou (Advocate)     04 April 2017

Contest the case. If judgment passed aganist you, your's limited is limited to the extent you have inherited the property from your father.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register