Lawyers! if you are logical ones-why you wear black coats ?

Properties and Finances

I have heard that lawyers are very good at reasoning (though I do not believe that).Why, you the lawyers of India,are wearing black coats or ties or Bow,even in the heat of May,June,July.This dress code would have some logic in the cold climate of England,from where we adopted all the legal system, but here in a hot country like India it is just a nuisance .I hope some one out of you will soon object/challenge it in a court of law and get this old/wrong/foolish/dress code abolished. 

marketing

I  am having simlar thoughts,may be because i am not an advocate.

atleast people concerned should think of some climate friendly colour.

Total likes : 1 times

Lawyer

i agree with your thought that this Dress Code must change now....after 63 years of Independence we have not been able to change this system.

the dress should appropriate one well according to Indian Environment and Culture.

FOUNDER-PRESIDENT DR. BABASAHEB AMBEDKAR DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS FORUM (DRF) - The Foundation for Social Justice and Constitutional awareness for trial of public service. (Ph.9322246333) drf.india@gmail.com

The Judicial system is not yet redressed even after 15 August 1947 and 26 January 1950 the day of adoption of Democracy and still copying the Britishian Empire.

SO

THE ENTIRE JUDICIAL SYSTEM SHOULD BE REDRESSED NOT ONLY THE DRESS CODE OF LAWYERS.

Advocate

Khadhi is acceptable to legal profession ?

Practicing Advocate

In maharashtra, every year the Bombay High court by its circular exempts the advocates from wearing black coats from 15th march to 30 june. The advocates appearing before the court need not wear coat in this period but have to wear only the 'white band'.

UNEMPLOYED

what is your problem?

when they do not have any objection, let them wear.

not only advocates, police, military, doctors nurses at hospital, even school children wear their uniform and follow the dress code.

Advocate

With due respect to Ram Samudre A.K.Gupta, I am of the view that its high time to change the dress code. Why should we wear that gown? Yes the band with black coat is enough and we should do away with the gown.

Advocate, Chennai

I discussed exactly this topic with a fellow advocate and he told me that the Supreme Court has exempted lawyers from wearing robes during summer and so no lawyer is facing this problem in the Supreme Court. Is it true?

Nationalist

Yes this should be changed, during summer black coat plus gown used to become unbearable, what my advocate says, but they are not allowed to enter the courtroom without this. So urgently it needs a change.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu