LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Mehta   12 September 2017

Landlord is cutting deposit amount

I am staying in same flat for last 4 years and 8 months now. last year in Novemeber- December I informed my landlord that there is a termite issue in flat and requested him to get pest control done at the earliest. I have been informing him conituosly on same but till now it was not done depsite him assuring that he will get it done. Now after almost 10 months later wood of kitchen is rusted fully and landlord is asking me to pay for damages or else he will deduct it from my deposits. I would like to know what is the legal recourse option available to me on this.

Learning

3 Replies

sudha narayana swamy   12 September 2017

do u have it in writing that u had informed him of Ur greviances if no nothing can b done.if u have e given it in writing then u can send him notice

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 September 2017

Record that on dated………………and dated…………….you informed him and let him mention that he knew but he will deduct.

As far as possible, settle amicably.

Amit Mehta   20 November 2017

Hi . Sorry for late reply.  No I dont have it in writing unfortunately. In such case what is the resolution I have.

Is there any law which clearly specifies that any expense related to termite is to be borne by owner as termite are caused by seapage in walls which is due to construction issue.

Also if I need to go to court which court can I approach.

My landlord is a Bollywood actress and ex- Miss India and I am planning to put the issue on her social media accounts apart from filling a police FIR. Is there any issue with that ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register