Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Please Wait ..

Discussion > Family Law > Divorce > Khulanama for my sister   Unanswered Threads Post New Topic

Pages : 1

There are 1 Replies to this message


Software Consultant
[ Scorecard : 24]
Posted On 04 December 2012 at 15:56 Report Abuse

My Sister wants to separate thru Khulanama.Please guide me as to what is the exact format of the khulanama according to both Islamic Shariah and Indian law. Is khulanam valid under India Special marriage act? Should khulanam be filled in court or can be just notorized on a bond paper in presence of both the parties and the witnesses.
Please guide me as I am her only brother and she is suffering thru mental and physical abuse from her In-laws.

To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 


[ Scorecard : 1144]
Posted On 13 December 2012 at 09:25 Report Abuse

In my opinion, so far as my little knowledge is concerned about Muslim law...

now Khulanama means whenever a Muslim wife wants divorce from husband..she has to enterinto Khulanama...

i think before Mulla-Moulavi....and that can be notorised.....

but in any case whether it is Khulanama or Talaqnama....

you have to file a  petition for getting decree of divorce from the court ont he basis of Khulanama

if you are in MUmbai

you can file in Family Court Bandra

Anamika Vichare, Family Court Lawyer...

further queries

by email

Related Files

Previous Thread
Next Thread

Related Threads

Post your reply for Khulanama for my sister

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login

Not a member yet ?? Click here to signup



  • This is a public forum. Avoid posting content which you do not wish to disclose in public.
  • Use thank button to convey your appreciation.
  • Maintain professionalism while posting and replying to topics.
  • Try to add value with your each post.

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Forum Home | Forum Portal | Control Center | Who is Where | Popular Threads | Today's Topic | Recent Posts | Today's Posts | Post New Topic | Thread With Files | Top Threads - Month | Unreplied Topics | Forum Stats

web analytics