Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Purnendu (Student)     01 September 2015

Jurisdiction of consumer court

Dear Sirs,

Humbly need your suggestion with regard to jurisdiction of consumer court. Please find the facts as under :-

I purchased Mobile phone at Hyderabad and later I shifted to Delhi. The mobile phone got some defect so I visited the company authorized service centre in Nehru Place,Delhi and the service centre issued the letter that it can not be repaired but now the company is not willing to return the goods.The registered office of company ( Lenovo) is in Gurgaon. Should I file consumer complaint in Consumer forum located at Nehru Place ( where the cause of action arised) or at Gurgaon where the registered office of company is located. I am not able to go to Hyderabad since I left that place.

Thanking you in anticipation!

Regards,

Purnendu

Learning

3 Replies

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     01 September 2015

Dear prunedu,

file it in delhi, nehru place centre has jurisdiction, CDRF-2 behined qutub institution

Advocate Nitish Banka

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     03 September 2015

Dear Prenendu,

You can file the complaint at Nehru Place District Consumer Court.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     09 September 2015

As per sec 11 of C.P.Act complaint can be filed at  the place where cause of action partly or wholly arises or the place where opposite party resides or carries buisness.In your case companies service centre situated at Nehru Place and has intimated to you that set can not be repared so cause of action arised at Nehru Place Delhi.File there.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register