Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreeni (Others)     31 March 2013

Issue created by a resident when kids start playing

Dear Sir/Madam,

One of the residents in our apartment complex (consisting of 36 flats) has given a police complaint (without involving the association) claiming that the children from the building are making noise while playing (such as carrom board etc) in the apartment premises. The apartment has no dedicated play area for
children. When children play (very far away from his door and in third floor) for some time after school
hours that guy and his son abuse kids and forcing them to vacate the common area. This sort of
behavior is causing extensive mental agony to children and it is affecting their development negatively.
The incident of involving the police into this matter aggravated the distress in the children. Continuing
this way will impact the child growth.

In summary, we want to highlight that no parents would encourage children to make noise intentionally.
However it has to be understood that no children can play as a mute person and they have to speak.

Can you please let me know what sort of action I should take right now?

I repeatedly tell him that all children are of just < 7 years old only.. and they do make noise while they play. Still that gentle man is not in a position to listen. He expects pin-drop silence. Though it look very funny with the behavior, is there some way we can let that gentle man make understand this is how with kids (only for certain age) .. any way once they grow up there is no body making noise like this..

Thanks and regards,
Sreeni

Learning

11 Replies

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     31 March 2013

Move a motion in the general body meeting of the residents association to expel this anti-child person from your society.

www.mehnat.in

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     31 March 2013

convince your neighbour properly with the help of other neighbours

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 March 2013

you cannot convince such persons. take action as suggested by M<r Udar.  He has already tried police complaint and could do nothing.  If you search this site a few months ago one such nasty person sought legal advise against hild ren playing.

(Guest)

@Querist,

Before I could take any stand on opinion, I would like to ask you few questions.

1.Which floor do you live on?

2.Which floor the children play on?

3.Which floor that old man live on?

If  only point number 2 and point number 3 answer is positive and not of point number 1, do check your behavior.

If all third points could be answered positively(in terms of which floor all  you live on),then do as suggested by Ld. Member/Expert Adv. Rajeev(Rajoo).

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Firstly I tank you all for your replies and comments.

I am adding responses to news_know's queries.

1.Which floor do you live on?

We live in 3rd floor.

2.Which floor the children play on?

Children play in 3rd floor only.

3.Which floor that old man live on?

He lives in 1st floor.

I sincerely feel I should try what Mr.Udhar has recommended. When I argue that even his son/daugher would have made noise when they were young - funny response he says  is "they never used to make noise at all".. ha ha ha. There is no way you can talk to such idiotic nature. Am I right ? :-)

Thanks all again:

Sreeni

Sorry! a typo in my response.

Please read as "Firstly I thank you all for your replies and comments."

The other thing that I asked that man now is to call me next time to his house when he hears any noise due to kids playing so that I want to record with my recorder - which will be later used as a reference. From that time onwards he has not come back to me till now. Need to wait and see.

-Sreeni

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     31 March 2013

The appropriate way to thank someone in this forum is by using the "thank contributor" feature.

www.mehnat.in

Thank you sir, I was not aware of this feature. I would use this method in this forum.

-Sreeni

(Guest)

@Querist,

After getting your response,few things I would like to mention.

1.If other persons in the society are also fed up the behavior of that person, you can hold a general meeting of society's members and act accordingly.But I must tell you, you all people in the society can't force him to leave the society. The law strictly forbids such action and the same won't help you anyway.

2.If you alone are the sufferer and rest of the society is not objecting,then you have to manage the situation on your own by mutual talk.

3.Tell the old person that you are not creating a 'private nuisance'(As society don't object to the playing of kids).Therefore,no action by law can be taken against you.

4.Try to make him understand by saying "I agree to your statement that your son didn't make any noise in their childhood but the each and every child has his own temparament and way to express their joy and sorrow.Can the five fingers of a hand be expected to be equal!!! ". Try that sort of talk.

5.If all doesn't work,and if society don't object to playing of the kids,then just don't respond him.Do your work by making him aware of any act if he would do to harm those kids would bear legal repercussions.

Above are just my opinion as your query don't involve a 'question of Law' except 'Private nuisance' which comes under Tort(Civil suit).Therfore,my reply may not suit you and you are free to ignore it partly or completely.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sreeni (Others)     01 April 2013

Dear news_Know,

I liked points from your response and would want to try..(especially 3 & 5).. let me try first explaining him..

Thanks again,

Sreeni

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register