LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Is it okay to skip court dates

I received maintenance petition one year after wife filed divorce petition. I am thinking of skipping first court date after receiving maintenance petition to give trouble to my wife. I am not interested in paying her maintenance early as she has good qualification. Even those who work in call centers are getting good pay. 

Learning

9 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 April 2014

refer your thread

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=101240&offset=2#.U1iJsaI1g48

in that thread you said

"I am concerned about my child's future"

here you are clear that you do not want to give maintenance so taht the petition has been filed.

So what really you want is not clear.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 April 2014

As Mr. Sudhir  Kumar  rightly pointed out that in your this thread you refuse to give her maintenance and in another thread  you say a different story telling that she demands shelter but you donot want to give it to her.  First you make yourself clear before posting queries here seeking solution. Since the advises are given free here, it does not means that you will ask different questions contradicting each other.  Do not expect a favorable reply to your queries by posting it differently in different threads.

(Guest)

I think you have misunderstood me here. By shelter I mean right to residence and by maintenance I mean money she is expecting. I gave her one lakh in advance to support my child without any ruling by court. I have no problem in keeping her with me but when she wants me to get a separate home just for her in which she won't live she will just live with her parents and waste my money. I would rather spend such money on my child than let it go waste.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 April 2014

Have a proper dialoge with your partner in a congenial atmosphere, sort out your problem amicably (leaving aside EGO) and enjoy married life.

If it does not work out, engage a local lawyer.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     25 April 2014

Policy for creating trouble may cause further trouble to you. So better to follow law and act accordingly as a good gentleman.

(Guest)

Sir one time even judge didn't come.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 April 2014

Do not worry, attend the proceeding on appointed date/time

(Guest)

If my company sends me abroad on an emergency basis and I skip court date then is it necessary for me to take prior permission from court?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 April 2014

You make representation in the court through your lawyer, that will be better choice, if you feel that she is really upto the pranks with some illegal motives, challenge her case appropriately, why do you want to shy away when you are confident about yourself.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More