LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ROHIT VERMA   12 February 2018

Is it legal to make divorce management(records) website

About : I am planning to make webportal on which divorcee profiles will be able to maintain reords of their ex. Only other loged in user will be able to see their records.I am willing to make this due to non availibilty of such records till today. and how many times the common people are being cheated when they are going to get married and they don't know the past of such frauds. It is important that this record will be updated by divorcees them self after verifying their marriage certificate & some proof of divorce. And when this directory will be uploaded by many of these profiles it would definiatly help lots of commen people who are looking for verified partners.

Note : One important point is that, I will not put anybody private information by my self on this website, I will only provide one web paltform where any individual who is disturbed from his/her partner will be posting the status and will agree my website terms & conditions that he/she is putting this information by their own consent. Almost all such peoples will come to know about this site by advertisement.One more point is that they will be able to put the information like year of divorce,No. of children etc.,but I will disable to put comments/allegations against each other by such profiles.

Beneficiaries : Common people of India who are planning to get married will be protected from frauds(Such people who don't disclose that they are already married for Dowry or other plenty of reasons are there). 

Question : Now my question is, if, I am going to make such platform is it going to be totally legal under IT ACT or any other ACT of Indian Law. is it possible for any individual to file a case against me or my company in future saying that why his/her information has been made public.

Learning

1 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     12 February 2018

It is a professional and commercial query.

You will be well advised to get in touch with a Lawyer professionally and get views/legal opinion.  Ofcourse, it will involve spending some money on lawyer's fee and it is worth it, especially when you are trying to venture into a venture.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register