Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Innocent Victim 354 (employee)     05 December 2013

Ipc section 354, 509, 323, 504, 34

Hi All,

A friend and I got falsely accused in a case. We were filling diesel in a car at a pump station when the pump worker left the tank open for a long time. As this was an unsafe practice, we went to the worker and started telling him not to do so. While we got out and tried to tell the worker not to do so, a lady came in another car from behind and started telling us to stop making an 'issue' out of it and go ahead. While we chose to ignore her, she started abusing us in English (started off by calling us 'Bastards').

Surprised and angry, we abused her in return and the pump manager too took her side and started telling us to 'get out'! While we were in the process of getting out, the lady, who was by now abusing our entire family and dynasty and what not, got off her car and tried to hit me with the car door. I told her to back-off, but she stood there waiting to attack and was waiting to hurt me again as I tried to get inside the car. Having no option, I had to 'shoo' her away. While doing so, she made a small contact with the hand. When I went back to the car, the lady came and almost broke the glass pane of the window while trying to slam again.

As she was well connected, she used her connections to file the complaint. They arrested us under the above mentioned sections. The pump workers played the witnesses. Even a fake chargesheet has been filed.

What would be the best course of action?

We already got abused and she tried to beat us... and worse, we were put in the lock up for that! What more damage is to be expected now? So much for the law and the cops who take the sides of women... this was one lady who was well educated and big and didn't hesitate a moment to abuse us with filthy words and actions.

Some lawyers and cops told us that the case is 'detailed' in such a way that it  could result in a discharge. Some others said that this will run several years.

Whats the best course of action?

Let me know

Learning

3 Replies

Innocent Victim 354 (employee)     05 December 2013

I forgot the mention that the friend who argued with the Petrol pump manager was also arrested and they said it was a combined activity! We are friends, but not that close to each other either!

What can be done?

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     05 December 2013

Dear Querist

read the sections mentioned by you.

the bset course of action is fight the case on merit with the help of lawyer

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     05 December 2013

Agreed with the views of MR. Qureshi. For any kind of help u can contact me as well.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register