Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bill   04 March 2015

International stalking

Hi,

My youngest sister is being stalked and harassed by a former boyfriend who resides in India. We live in Canada.  The harassment extends to our family and friends. This has been ongoing now for over a year.  

My sister has been very clear with him that their romantic relationship is over.  He refuses to stop contacting her and our family and friends.  

This harassment includes the following examples:

•    Threatening to post nude photos of my youngest sister online and emailing them to her family, friends and employer.

•    Sending belligerent, rude and s*xually demeaning emails to my youngest sister’s personal and work emails, and copying her friends and family.

•    Pretending to be my youngest sister online and cancelling or reinstating her cell service. He was able to do this many times and when she tried to change her number he would change it back.  When she tried to cancel her service he would reinstate it. 

•    My sister was able to finally cancel her cell service and get a new phone number via a new provider.  This change occurred in Summer 2014. Two days ago he called her on her new cell phone number.  He got her phone number through her new cell phone provider by impersonating her. He claimed someone had created a cell phone account using his information without his permission.  He went on to receive the cell number and change her account password.

•    Trying to hack into her Hotmail and Gmail accounts. 

•    Calling my mother at her home and harassing her with abusive and rude language.  When she changed her home number he was able to find her new unlisted one and continues to call her. We believe he did this online via her phone provider.

•    Calling a friend of ours for 24 hours straight, continuous calling (denial of service style attack), so that she could not use her phone.  The phone number is her business line. He has done this to multiple friends and family, multiple times.

•    Calling my mother’s place of work and leaving rude, and belligerent messages on the work general delivery voice-mail box, only accessible by my mother’s superior.

•    Calling my eldest sister at her place of work and abusing her colleagues until they forward the phone to her. Leaving rude and belligerent voice messages.

•    Calling my youngest sister at work (70-100 times a day) and leaving rude and belligerent voice messages and harassing her colleagues.

•    Threatening to commit suicide.

•    Pretending to have committed suicide, and communicating with my younger sister’s friends and our family, while impersonating his brother, in order to determine my sister’s new cellphone number.

•    Making false allegations to child services in order to harass one of our friends. 

We have more examples. All his harassment activities, including those directed to family and friends, is an attempt to pressure my sister to contact him. She does not speak with him.

He is IT and cyber savvy and has been relentless in his stalking.  I believe he is using a VOIP service to make his calls. The call display indicates the numbers are from North America and sometimes India. 

We believe he is living in Mumbai now, otherwise Pune. His parents reside in Jodhpur.  We have tried to deal with this issue via his parents, but they have been unable to stop him. 

I have tried to contact the Cyber Cell in Mumbai, but have not received a response yet. We have also followed all best practices for dealing with online stalking.  He has been able to circumvent them to date.  We have reported him to police hear in Canada.

It is my understanding that the above examples constitute a crime under the Indian Penal Code. We request advice on how we can get him to stop.  We are unsure as to his mental state and are afraid he may either harm others or himself.

His harassment has harmed my sister mentally, and she has been demoralized.  I am concerned for her safety and mental state.

Thank you in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     06 March 2015

Each person affected should lodge a seperate case with the relevant authorities in their jurisdiction. They should save all evidences generated and present the same as and when required. If your youngest sister is in India the starting point would be the Police Station of her jurisdiction . 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register