Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abhi (sw engg)     18 February 2015

Insurance policy issued in my name by forgery of documents.

Dear Members,

In Dec'14 I got a call to apply for the "HDFC Infinia Credit Card" for which HDFC executive visited to my place and collected the required Documents consist of signed copies of PAN card,DL and Voter ID card, one cancelled cheque and one cheque of amount 30200/- (in favour of HDFC Life) and gave me the signed acknowledgement slip too but said card was never issued and are wrongly used to issue an insurance policy from HDFC Life of 10 years and it was sent to my permanent address on 19th Jan'15 It was not sent to my communication address.

The cancelled cheque was wrongly used activate ECS on my ICICI bank account and amount 30200/- was debited as policy premium amount by using another cheque issued by me for credit card purpose. I was told that its the credit card joining fee which is refundable after 30 days.

Now when my father sent me the policy documents and after looking at the attached copy of Insurance application form at the back of booklet. I found that my signed personal documents and cheques are used to issue this policy in my name also all the signatures on the Insurance Application form are counterfeit and no detail is filled by me, even details like My work-location,company name & address and medical details are also wrong.Also the mobile no. mentioned is not mine.

Now as the 15 days free look up period is over the HDFC life customer care has refused to cancel the policy and refund the amount 30200/-.

I have sent a letter and an email to the HDFC Grievance cell stating them the entire matter and waiting for their response but not very much hopeful from their end after seeing a lot of similar complaints over internet and no action/refund was done from their end.

Kindly suggest me to whom I should approach if no action is taken by HDFC Life in this regard. Should I approach to IRDA Grievance cell or should I lodge a complaint in consumer forum.

A quick response is awaited.
Thanks i Adv!

Abhi

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 February 2015

You may escalate to:

MD/Chairman of M/s HDFC Life, MD M/s HDFC Bank

Aditya Puri

aditya.puri@hdfcbank.com

Chairman IRDA

Lodge police complaint under proper acknowledgment preferably thru your lawyer, with SHO and take it to DCP,CP...................and pursue thru RTI....................and ask the police to file challan......

Lodge complaint with DCDRF

Lodge complaint with Governor RBI, you will find addresses etc in other threads at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp#.UUc5U0pFZ_4

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Mental-torture-and-harassment-from-icici-bank-recovery-agent-90503.asp#.VOC_1IKqqko

abhi (sw engg)     19 February 2015

Thanks Doab for guiding me but I want to know the shortest, effective, and legal route to get my money back without involving lawyers and police as both will take ages to settle down the real issue.

Lodging complaint in consumer forum will work or not? as its a case of 420 too.

Thanks!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 February 2015

M/s HDFC Life, M/s HDFC bank shall certainly be represented by their lawyer(s) even in DCDRF.

If you are confident that you can contest as PIP (party in Person) then you may.

Although it shall be better if you are represented by an able lawyer.

The lawyer that has examined all docs on record and your inputs can advise you the best...........including the forum where you can represent.

Did you submit in writing that policy bond be sent to sent to Permanent Address or Correspondence Address.?

Share everything with your lawyer. 

abhi (sw engg)     19 February 2015

Thanks Doab for advice, I'll contact to lawyer soon.

Also I got no calls or communication for an Insurance Policy ever, Haven't even filled a single word in the Application and never signed on Insurance application form. Everything was done/taken for credit card application. All I got is the Insurance policy documents magically.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 February 2015

In that case it is clear case of forgery and you should preferably proceed under expert advise of your lawyer.

You can certainly lodge complaints to one and all as already suggested.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More