LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

phool singh   06 August 2017

Insurance agent's fraud

This is the case of INDIA FIRST LIFE INSURACE Company.The agent of insurance company took a cheque from me (proposer) presented it for collection resulting withdrawl of Rs.150000/ from my account on 07.04.2016. 2.I received a sms from bank of this withdrawl and atonce I asked on mobile call the agent that how he presented the cheque for collection without filling any proposal form.he replied to complete the proposal in next few days.thereafter one day he visited me and got the proposal form signed by insured and proposer. after some time I received a call from a local diagnostic center to present the insured for medical examination but insured did not go for medical examination. 3.On 14.04.2016 the insured expired due to cardiac respiratory arrest. 4.The proposer of deceased received the delivery of policy on the life of deceased(insured) on 20.04.2016 5.according to policy documents the policy was accepted on 12.04.2016 and issued on 13.04.2016 while insured died on14.04.2016 5.The insurer repudiated the case on the ground of concealing the information regarding health ie diabetes type ii and hypertension to the insured.while no information was conceiled every thing about health was disclosed to the agent truthfully and mentioned in the proposal form. 6.On receiving the repudiation letter I (proposer) again have a sight on documents and found the following fraudulant acts done at the level ofagrnt/insurance company employees: (1)Actual Proposal form with printed application no:w00195109 was replaced by another fake proposal having printed application no:w00194340 but this no:tampered and overwriten with handwritten no w00195109.It proves that original proposal form has been replaced by this fake proposal on which signatures of insured and proposer are also forged. 7.above forgery was brought into the notice of grievance redressal officer by grievance letter which was negatively decided taking stand of previous decision. pl. advise me for further steps with appropiate rulings. Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/default.asp

Learning

1 Replies

Ramkesh Kaushal (Advocate)     27 August 2017

contact any lawyer he will help you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register