Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Please Wait ..

Discussion > Taxation > Income Tax > Income tax arrear demand for 2007 and 2008   Unanswered Threads Post New Topic

Pages : 1 2

There are 14 Replies to this message

Venkatesan Raja

Senior Consultant
[ Scorecard : 24]
Posted On 22 October 2011 at 21:58 Report Abuse

Dear lawyers,

Today I got an email from CPC stating I had to pay tax arrears for the years 2007 and 2008. The amounts are very high

TAMBARAM                   4,841                0                 13-11-2010

TAMBARAM                73,516                 0                 13-11-2010


I had paid my taxes correctly for the both the years and I do not understand why I got these after about 3 years.

When I filed my taxes, I got 3800 as return for the year 2007 and I had to pay 9500 for 2008.
COuld you please help me in understanding why this intimation might have been sent?




To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 

A V Vishal

[ Scorecard : 19924]
Posted On 23 October 2011 at 00:36 Report Abuse

Without a copy of the intimation for the years under review it will be not be possible to figure out where the problem lies in your issue. Consult your tax consultant.


[ Scorecard : 2505]
Posted On 23 October 2011 at 08:15 Report Abuse

Does the intimation contain the basis the new demand has been arrived at Is that due to any deductions claimed by you being disallowed or any additional Income or may be due to the tax deduction claimed by you being disallowed.

chandra shekar

[ Scorecard : 24]
Posted On 24 October 2011 at 09:47 Report Abuse


Dear Lawyers,

I too am in the same dilemma as Venkat,  I got an email from CPC stating I had to pay tax arrears for the AY 2008 and the amount is for  82,418 Rs. They attached a PDF doc showing the statement of the ARREAR DEMAND.


I had paid my taxes for this AY and also have a IT SARAL Copy for this year  and dont understand why I got this after about 3 years.

One more problem i have is that - I am not in India but in the USA working for a company here and hence cant go to a tax consultant or the IT office in Hyderabad and get this chjecked. 

Can you please suggest what I can do in this regard, Is there a way I can ask my previous company or ask my father to get this recirtifed for me.. 


Any help in this regard is highly appreciated. 


Thanking you,




[ Scorecard : 34]
Posted On 24 October 2011 at 13:02 Report Abuse

It depends on your TDS credit or Self Assessment Tax Credit. First you should  cheque your 26 AS statement and compare with your TDS certificate  or Self-Assessment tax and if it is all right then write a letter to your assessing officer of  CPC,  where you filled your return of income of the said year (In your case 2007 and 2008)


[ Scorecard : 34]
Posted On 24 October 2011 at 13:10 Report Abuse

chandra shekar

[ Scorecard : 24]
Posted On 25 October 2011 at 07:01 Report Abuse

Thanks Hitesh sir for your replies.

In my case I dont have an account in the NSDL and hence cant view my 26AS statement for these years. So I tried creating a username/account on their site and then it told me to meet the TIN-FC person to authorize my PAN and other docs after which I will have access to view the 26AS.

Since I am not in India - I am wondering how to get this done, also I tried the IT dept website - but there too i could not view my 26AS statements. I spoke to my dad in india and I have the SARAL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT copy for these years stamped by the IT dept and can my dad attach this as a proof that I submitted my taxes for these years and ask the assessing officer to look into my case. ??

What other alternatives do I have ?? I may come to India next year around Oct or so and can i then recitify this with the IT dept?? If so - do I have a chance of getting penalized.


[ Scorecard : 34]
Posted On 25 October 2011 at 11:43 Report Abuse

Yes, you have lots of time to apply for rectification application. 

Now, you can create your account here to see your 26AS statement without any any application ''''

to create your account you will need your pan card  or name mentioned in pan card with date of birth same in pancard. After logging you will be able to see your 26 As statement in "MY ACCOUNT'' option. Then match the tax or TDS certificate or send me your detail.


[ Scorecard : 26]
Posted On 31 October 2011 at 21:27 Report Abuse

Hi , Thank you for your valuable information.

I have also received a arrer demand in email for 858 for year  AY 2008. That time I was in Hyderabad( 2008 ) but now I am in Bangalore. My question is :

1. Can I pay it online , throught any bank or I need to go to Hyderabad to pay it.

2. Is there any deadline I need to pay by because deadline is not mentioned in mail.

3. In my tax certificate I had no arrear so can it be mistake for income tax dept side. Should I first check with that.

Please let me know your suggestion for each of the above query.


[ Scorecard : 34]
Posted On 01 November 2011 at 13:02 Report Abuse

You can pay online tax or your can apply for rectification of the intimation. All this thing mostly depends because of non matching of your TDS or Tax amount. First you should check your 26AS statement from incometax's website then take action.

Related Files

Previous Thread
Next Thread

Related Threads

Post your reply for Income tax arrear demand for 2007 and 2008

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login

Not a member yet ?? Click here to signup



  • This is a public forum. Avoid posting content which you do not wish to disclose in public.
  • Use thank button to convey your appreciation.
  • Maintain professionalism while posting and replying to topics.
  • Try to add value with your each post.

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Forum Home | Forum Portal | Control Center | Who is Where | Popular Threads | Today's Topic | Recent Posts | Today's Posts | Post New Topic | Thread With Files | Top Threads - Month | Unreplied Topics | Forum Stats

web analytics