LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (None)     19 February 2013

Income tax

What are the tax liabilities, if I have a 20 year old POA and now I am going to registered the property to my wife’s name.

Learning

3 Replies

Ramalingam K (Founder and Director of Holistic Investment Planners (P) Ltd. a financial planning nd wealth mgt company. An M.B.A. graduate nd CFP certified professional having 11 years of experience in investment advisory.)     25 February 2013

With proper tax planning you can reduce your tax liability; save more; invest better and become wealthier.

https://holisticinvestment.in/plan-your-taxes

Regards

Ramalingam K, MBA, CFP,

Director and Chief Financial Planner,

Holistic Investment Planners

“Best Performing Financial Advisor Award” Winners from CNBC TV18

www.holisticinvestment.in

saraa (other)     04 June 2013

Hi Raj,

Taxsmile offers simple end-to-end solutions to assist taxpayers file their income tax return. Use taxsmile Income Tax Calculators and tools and calculate your refund in minutes.Taxsmile has made it easy for you with its user-friendly calculators. Visit: https://www.taxsmile.com

R RAJAGOPALAN (ADVOCATE)     05 June 2013

Your Query: What are the tax liabilities, if I have a 20 year old POA and now I am going to registered the property to my wife’s name.

Reply: For a firm reply to the query, the texts of the PoA and the proposed sale deed, have to be seen.

However, presuming,

1. the PoA does not state that you paid any money/price for being given the PoA,  and

2. Your wife, the buyer, is going to be shown in the proposed sale deed  as now paying the price either directly  to the original owner of the property or  to yourself as the owner's  PoA -

i. the original owner has Capital Gains tax liability;

ii. Your wife will have to explain her source for the amount you propose to  show as the Sale Price.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register