Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NEW USER DELHI (NA)     24 February 2015

In laws not accepting or calling wife at home

Hi Sir,

I am looking for legal help for my sister in lay who get married last year march. Groom is working as engineer and my sister in law family from Bihar. Last year in march my SIL get mairrage from a 5 star hotel which groom side has pressure to do only from delhi at any cost. Anyways everything get done according to the need of groom side but very next day of mairrage they complain that GIRL is not respecting anyone in the family and his father in law said that my boy has not liked you still i manage to marry with you. Family side has complaind the middleman and relatives that girl has changed during mairrage and till engagement everything was fine. Middleman said they needed some dowry which they hesitate to say directly like all household things etc etc.

their groom father and groom forsen to live the girl without any phone and a home which does not even have any balcony or she was not even allowed to talk to anybody. She was in complete mental shock even we tried to calm the things but they are not accepting anything from our side. any one can understand that if a girl live in a house where she even can't talk to anyone can't even go anywhere husband never stay in weekends they what a new girl will do. few months girl family has bring her to home for few weeks but after Boy family is taking her to home and complaing the stories in their relatives. Now few days back his boy father has called and askign to settle down the mairrage and when we request to bring her to his home then they keep execusing every month for next month. few weeks ago boy side has a function in his family and they have not called the girl at home which we got to know through some source.

Now things are:

please suggest as we tried everything to settle the mairrage but their whole family npt taking tthe girl at home.

Boy father is keep saying that girl has not bring anything at home and girl side has changed the girl in mairrage.

its been 5 months and they are not picking up phone and even they are missing from home where they use to live so we are not able trace them.

ONly boy father pick up the phone either try make use wrong or give next month date for opinion.

please suggest i am trying to settle the everything so that atleast my sister in law get settle down in life ... because court case is still social respect issue and girls always have to wear the pain.

Boy side is not listening any word.

Learning

10 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     24 February 2015

It totally depends on the girl, whether she wants to pursue them further or lost hope that the good relationship can be maintained in  future.  Now, you are saying  "Boy father is keep saying that girl has not bring anything at home and girl side has changed the girl in mairrage."  If their allegation is that some other girl was shown earlier to the marriage and in  the marriage your sister-in-law was brought and fastened to them falsely, then you take it from my side that any future talk will not bring them together.  This marriage is not viable on other grounds also:  1.  First, shamelessly they demand for dowry after the marriage indirectly.  2.  They are not available at their home 3.  They are not picking the telephone 4.  They are finding lame excuses not to bring back the bride. 5.  During her stay at matrimonial home, she has not been treated fairly.  If all these things are so, I do not think that this marriage will click.  But, it is upto you to take a decision whether  to continue the efforts for reunion or to snap the relation.  If you want the latter, then, you have got the following remedies:

1.  To get back stri-dhan and the mental cruelty perpetrated against your sister-in-law, and for maintenance, you can file domestic violence case from the place where the girls resides. 2.  As they have been demanding for dowry, she can file Section 498-A case.  3.  If she wants maintenance, she can file Section 125 cr.p.c. case. 4.  If she wants reunion, she can file restitution of conjugal rights case or if she wants divorce, she can file divorce case on the ground of cruelty.

(Guest)

Agree with learned counsel.

But lemme remind you, once you approach police/court, marriage is as good as over.

Instead of calling up, go meet, try to locate them, sit and talk it out.  Thats the best way out.  Be clear in what yuo want and know what the boy and his side want.

Blindly following advice of lawyers who will tell, file 498a, DV etc will not only finish marriage, but also will black list girl in matrimonial market.

And if nothing works out go for mutual consent divorce and finish of headache marraige in 6 months itme.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     24 February 2015

i agree with Helping Hand 

first go and search them and have a discussion with them and solve the puzzle do not mediate any third person if you want take them with you and talk with them and during face to face interaction you can solve the issue 

after all it is a girls life if nothing is fruitfull then use other weapons because once she goes to police or court then she has to forgo her marriage life with him 

dr.pawan rajyan (member and secretory)     24 February 2015

Agreed with helping hand.

NEW USER DELHI (NA)     24 February 2015

Dear Sir. Thanks for your helping hand as i am trying my best to save this mairrage but it seems to be they are rigid for something else.

this 8th one year will be completed and as per my discussion with groom side they said they will let us know after 8th if they will bring girl with her or not.

i am thinking if they planning to file divorce before us? please suggest if this happen then is my case will be weak ? 

(Guest)
Originally posted by : NEW USER DELHI

Dear Sir. Thanks for your helping hand as i am trying my best to save this mairrage but it seems to be they are rigid for something else.

this 8th one year will be completed and as per my discussion with groom side they said they will let us know after 8th if they will bring girl with her or not.

i am thinking if they planning to file divorce before us? please suggest if this happen then is my case will be weak ? 

Case wont be weak or strong, relationship will fail if any of you approach court with any kind of complaint.  Better sit and think about what you guys want from life.  Dont involve too many people.  As they will tend to spoil the entire show.  All the best.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 February 2015

If what you have narrated is to be taken as fact, you have no option than to look for some solution either legally or otherwise.  This appears to be a clear case of cheating and dowry harassment and cruelty.  the inhuman activities of male chauvinism is still prevalent in most parts of the country due to which actually helpless girls become victim and are made to endure the pains silently wheres as crooked minded women mis-utilise  them to satisfy their sadist mentality.  Consult the elders of the family, discuss at length based on the facts and then decide further course of action on the advise of a local and genuine lawyer too.

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     27 February 2015

Love and affection are not the things one give by taking money from us.  If they want money to allow the girl to be at home they are running a Hotel not living as a family.  You too should not expect that one who demands money to allow her to be with them, are capable of love and affection.  Girl changed etc and all appears to be lame excuses to pressurize the girl's family to accept their demand for dowry.  Does that mean if dowry is given it is OK for them even if the girl remains arrogant?  They should not mix up issues like this.  Whosoever mixes up issues generally carry hidden motives.  If your problem is girl's behavior talk only about it.  Why mix up dowry issue with it?  I think you can never satisfy such people...howsoever you try.  Let her live in peace at parents family without expecting anything good from them.  Other things leave it to lawyers.

NEW USER DELHI (NA)     09 March 2015

thanks sir for you help.

As in indian culture divorce is like widow .... yesterday when my girl mairrage get completed one year then his husband called and said that i am out of india and all fault is yours and we can't live together. he is not even ready to listen the girl. its surprise that he talked to his wife more than 10 mins first time in one year.

Now we have filed the complaint in CAW cell and they called girl for advice counselling.

Please suggest if we can file FIR against these guys?

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     09 March 2015

If talks fail before CAW, the complaint will become FIR.  You can further file DV case before the court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register