Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mohan   28 September 2015

Illegal land acquired by temple

Hi

A very prime land owned by DDA (delhi devlopment authority) which was vacant since many many years has been acquired illegally by a trust by making a temple there. The land was used as a garbage dump earlier and now levelled and used as a temple. How can the DDA get this cleared and vacated ? What possibilities are there to remove this temple as soon as possible. 

The land is just next to my house and has become a nuisance now by loud noise all the time and trafiic jams at all times. What can be in done in this regard. Can i do something or only the DDA will have to take action ?  Even complaints to police is not helping..  Can Police or DDA remove this temple forcibly Or will have to go the court way..? If court way, then how many years can it take..? Living a day now is a hell...if it takes years..i will have to shift my house....very soon.  

Learning

4 Replies

Rcc Gowda   28 September 2015

I suggest you contact the advocates

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 October 2015

Before initiating any complaint or action against the temple intruders who have reportedly occupied the land illegally, ascertain the owner of the land, whether it was the government land illegally occupied by the temple trust or it is temple trust property itself. After ascertaining the information through RTI act, if you find any  illegality, you may move an application before the DDA about this and request for necessary action to recover the land, if there is no reply or response, you may move higher authorities and also involve press media to highlight the issue. This way you can do something to shake  the basement. 

mohan   05 October 2015

Kaliselvan SIR..... Thanks for writing...

On ur answer....

1. Would the government authorities not do anything to remove the structure ? 

2. What can the DDA do to remove them ? Can they not file a suit against the people and get this removed ? OR Can they not just send the police force and remove the structure ?

3. More and more people are joining them to avoid any destruction of the property.. does that mean it is becoming tough to remove the structure now ?

please let me know all legal asects and other ways to remove the temple.... people say..not it cannot be removed.. !!................. SO... IS IT REALLY POSSIBLE NOW ?   

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     15 December 2015

Hi,

The Govt. authorities have put reservations on lands for which purpose the land is to be used. Violating such rules is committing an illegal act. 

See whether the temple authorities are registered with the charity commissioner of your city.. secondly get more information on the specific reservation of that land.. as per the rule you can not have garbage dump area next to the relegious place.. In India many builders build temple to avoid garbage dumping area next to their project.

Also handle the issue very carefully.. as it is a temple.. relegious issue can be sensitive and difficult to handle.

You can all these infos through your legal power of RTI..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register