LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shadab Shaikh   15 May 2016

Icici credit card fraud transaction

Two fraud transaction happened on my ICICI card without my knowledge on 14/03/2016.

I had filed FIR regarding this and also filed complaint with ICICI Bank. They asked me to submit FIR copy as well as dispute form. the Bank received my document and said its investigating my case and will get back. After two months they are saying now that case has been closed due to incomplete documents and they have added interest on the amount.

I have opened the case again by giving the required documents but i am not happy with their response and wants to file complaint against for negligence in maintaining my case.  

Please help me out.

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 May 2016

What do you mean by 'incomplete documents' and 'I have opened the case again by giving the required documents'?

You have posted that 'They asked me to submit FIR copy as well as dispute form. the Bank received my document '. So if M/s ICICI Bank demanded some docs and you supplied these then why it is incomplete?

Did you compromise with password for online transactions?

In any case bank should share thedetails and result of its investigation.

Shadab Shaikh   15 May 2016

Thanks Mr. Kumar for repling so soon.

On filing my dispute they had asked me to submit Dispute form and FIR copy along with it to nearest ICICI Bank, which I did and on the dispute form they had given received stamp and told me investigation is on and we will get back with in 35 to 40 days and had given me transaction fraud credit and told me not to pay anything related to the disputed transaction.

when I had called them two days back they told me the said service request is closed due to incomplete document submission, on presistent enquiry over 3-4 calls got to know that they wanted my credit card xerox and march mobile phone bill, which I have submitted to their customer.care email id and will be submiting to bank physically tomorrow aganist a nre service request.

The disputed transaction is a physical transaction done in reliance and ezone store, its not a online transaction.

Please help me how should I proceed further with them, its been over 2 month with no headway.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 May 2016

You have posted that:

"two days back they told me the said service request is closed due to incomplete document submission, on presistent enquiry over 3-4 calls got to know that they wanted my credit card xerox and march mobile phone bill, which I have submitted to their customer.care email id and will be submiting to bank physically tomorrow aganist a nre service request.The disputed transaction is a physical transaction done in reliance and ezone store, its not a online transaction."

So, it is only two days back and that also when you called M/s ICICI bank (M/s ICICI bank did not call you from the date you lodged complaint) that the banker told you that complaint is closed. And the reason was told to you when you called them repeatedly (3-4 times).

This is apparently a trick to keep thier slate clean and post a decent report on complaints at their website, and to BO.

Don't accept a new complaint number and submit a letter (narration)  to BM in nearest branch under proper acknowledgment.

If it was not online transaction then without CC how could anyone swipe it physically?

Was your card lost?

Was your card in our possesion at the time of transaction in Reliance and Ozone?

Has the bank supplied you/police the signed charge slip and CCTV footage from vendor?

You are apparently unable to handle the matter with M/s ICICI bank on your own.

Better entrust to an able counsel specializing in banking/CC/consumer matters and let your counsel draft all of your representations.

Shadab Shaikh   16 May 2016

Yes you are rightI was unable to handle the matter properly with ICICI Bank. I trusted the bank to take care of the matter.

The CC card was in my possesion and is still is, infact I was all time at home in March, due to my ankle injury that I had suffered. I was completely bed rest by my docter with a hefty plaster on my foot.

The problem is i dont know of any lawyer.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 May 2016

The lawyers are everywhere.

You need to consult an able counsel specializing in fogery/consumer/banking matters.

You can lodge complaint with RBI also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register