LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bevin M   08 December 2015

I.tax filing on sale of property

We sold an ancetral House for 90 Lacs,(Stamp duty value also) of which my share is 20 lacs,

1)What under  ITR-2,Capital Gain col. is the Value Under 50C?.

2) Can I  Set off of my STCL to this Capital gain partly in the Same FY and put the rest in CGAS Bonds i.e NHAI/REC.?

3. Since I already own a house, Can I park my Gains in an CGAS in a bank, sell my present house and use all the proceeds to buy a new house within the next two years.

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     08 December 2015

Sir, 

You can speak to CA Karan Chandna at 9871563826. 

Warm Regards 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 December 2015

Long-term capital gains from selling a house get tax exemption if they are invested in buying or building a new house. The new house has to be bought one year before the transfer of the first house or within two years after the sale. The deduction allowed is equal to the actual investment or the capital gain, whichever is lower.

rajeev ranjan   27 February 2016

1if you have any business if yes, than try to loss in such business than such loss is setoff with capital gain

2if no business or profit from business than short term capital loss is setoff with LTCG

3 and purchase nhai or reca bond within 6 month from the date of transfer(sale)

4 you are a coowner than under 50c only your part

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More