LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rupa   06 July 2015

Husband hiding

My husband is hiding whether or not he is employed from the Court.

I need maintenance for me and my son.

May I know if I can hire detectives to find his employment information?

Are detectives findings legal and accepted in the Court?

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 July 2015

The court will enquire about his income. Act is clearly mentioned that A Hindu wife is entitled to be provided for by her husband throughout the duration of her lifetime. Regardless of whether the marriage was formed before this Act was instated or after, the Act is still applicable. The only way the wife can null her maintenance is if she renounces being a Hindu and converts to a different religion, or if she commits adultery.[8]

The wife is allowed to live separately from her husband and still be provided for by him. This separation can be justified through a number of different reasons, including if he has another wife living, if he has converted to a different religion other than Hinduism, if he has treated her cruelly, or even has a violent case of leprosy.[9]

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     06 July 2015

If Detective Agency can procure substantial evidences about whereabouts of the missing husband and his employment and salary those can be accepted by the court after proper verification.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     06 July 2015

even if you couldnt prove that he is employed he is required to provide maintenance for you and your child

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register