LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BISWAJEET BISWAL   23 August 2016

Hra benefit under section 10(13a) - paying rent to parents

I am working in a Private Company in Kharagpur, West Bengal near to my home town in Balasore, Orissa which is 120 Km away. So after office, I use to return back to home town.

Presently, I am staying with my parents & paying rent to my father with all legal formalities (Rent Agreement, Rent Receipt). Also, my father use to show this income, as income from house rent in his ITR return.

Based on above situations, I would like to know whether I can Claim HRA benefit under Section 10(13A) considering, I am working & staying in different states.

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     23 August 2016

Yes. becasuse you are paying rent to your dad and there is also an agreement of rent between you.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     24 August 2016

Dear  Client,

You can claim HRA and save tax by occupying a paortion of your parents house  on rental basis to your father. It is highly  advantageous from tax saving point of view.t..Please show the  rental DEED, rental receipts etc in proof o f your payment of rentr to your parents.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     24 August 2016

Dear  Client,

You must  show these rental Deeds and  rent receipts to ITO or AO of IT Department.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register