LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MRA lawyersclub (managing director)     09 November 2015

How to make sure my property goes to my mother after me

Dear sir/madam, I am a muslim unmarried male & I have a immovable property gifted from my mother through a registered gift deed.I have one brother whose character & intentions are not good.In case of my death by chance i am sure he will try to acquire my property so i want to make sure how to make sure this property goes to my mother in case i die suddenly? Note: i am a muslim unmarried male.

Learning

6 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     09 November 2015

1.  Arrange to duly execute a Will, witnessed by two witnesses and duly Registered. AND appoint a trustworthy person as "executor" of the Will and Keep the Will with the Executor.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
Read Articles: https://hemantagarwal21.blogspot.in/?view=sidebar

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 November 2015

As per your faith e.g: Shia or Sunni you may have the dicretion to bequeath 1/3rd of  estate by writing will, which will take effect after your death.

MRA lawyersclub (managing director)     11 November 2015

@Hemant Aggarwal: Dear sir,It is said as per muslim law , a muslim cant write will for his entire property he can write will for only 1/3 of his property so what is the way out for this, As i want entire property to go to my mother after may death. Thank you.

amit sharma   11 November 2015

If you subsequently marry under Special Marriages Act then the shariat law does not apply on you any more. You can then will out freely. Else the only option is to transfer in your lifetime by registered gift deed. You can still stay during your lifetime without objection from your mother.

MRA lawyersclub (managing director)     13 November 2015

Thank you Mr.Amit sharma :) , you could not understand  your last line " you can still stay during your lifetime without objection from your mother"? plz explain. Thanks.

siddhartha sinha   14 November 2015

If you transfer by regd. gift deed. Your mother will surely allow you to occupy the house for your lifetime though the property belongs to her now. She wont throw you out. Thats what I meant. Consult a local lawyer for better guidance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More