How to give up rights on a flat in favor of younger brother

Hello Everyone,

I have a flat in Kandivali (West). At the time of purchasing the property, I was not eligible for a loan and hence property was bought in the name of my elder brother and mother. So original agreement has their names. 

My Mother died in 2007. As, I was one of the legal hiers, my name was added to share certificate of the society along with my dad's name after submitting indemnity bond and other necessary documents asked by society.

Now, my father is also passed away in April'19.

I have 2 queries.

1) How to transfer share of my dad to myself in share certificate (What documents shall I submit in Society for this transfer?)

2) My brother wants to give up his rights from the said property as it belongs to me. What documents we need to prepare so that in future neither he nor anyone from his family can claim any rights on the said flat. (This is very crucial as he is the first owner in original agreement)

Please suggest.


Keval Desai




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu