Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Preeti Yadav (Business Ananlyst)     21 November 2014

How to deal with work place harassment

Hi,

Please suggest me on the below matter:

A guy named Puneet Yadav started abusing me when I just joined the office (Exl Services) in Oct 2012.He is responsible for Id cards and access related matters.He blocked my cards many times and asked me to meet him alone to get it resolved.He called me many times.I have forwarded him my brother's resume once but I believe it has nothing to do with it.

I scolded him many times ..I reported this to my friends and Manager.But nothing was done to him and finally I changed my number.Now,again he started do the same for almost last month.And the limit crossed when he threatened me of kidnapping.I informed this to HR.

They called up 9-10 persons from management team amongst whom only 2 were women excluding me rest all were men.

Then they concluded with,which was reported to me next day when I continuously asked about the progress,that I somehow I knew him personally as replied to Diwali message and sent resume,also given him a missed call (unknown no. for me) and been picking unknown numbers.So they can't do anything with it and I should avoid picking unknown nos. and doing anything that could jeopardize Exl's repo.

I have the mail at Exl's mail Id but not with me.And somehow the whole scenario concluded to be more harassing to me then that of being threatened to life.

Also the HR suggested that if anything like this happens again with me then I should report it to them;so she want me to wait for next incident or kidnapping.The team manipulated me to not lodge legal complaint against him.

They said as whatever the dialogue happened on calls were outside the Exl so it is a personal dispute;it seems as any of my colleagues can threaten or s*xually harass a woman if she says no to him, she (one of the HR team) also mentioned he informed her he liked me and when I refused the proposal he did all that'.It means a man got rights to rape a woman if denies of any such thing,is this.

Please suggest what further needs to be done.

Thank you,
Preeti Yadav.

Learning

1 Replies

praveen kumar (LEGAL MANAGER)     21 November 2014

Where are you lady? Do you stay with family or alone?

So much is being circulated through media like TV, news papers , radios etc. to create awareness about this illegal and immoral act of s*xual harassment.

Contact local women cell/ Police station/state women commission/national commission for women . Give complain , send e-mails, mails through registered post

Be cautious ,stay with family members. Do Not Be Afraid.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register