How to correct cibil report

Hi folks 

Recently i tried to check my CIBIL score as i did 6 months earlier.

To my shock my information in the CIBIL report is all over the place , EVEN my PAN CARD is mapped with someone else , everything from my NAME,COMPANY ,RESIDENCE,BANKING DETAILS ,DOB, They even have Drivers License in their report ,.whereas i dont even have a drivers license.

I called the helpdesk , but they just clearly say that i need to contact the banking institutions.

I am superconfused , what should i do? where to start from ?


Thanks Ankur 


Is the information wrong? Any how, you may serve notice on CIBIL and the Banks involved.


Retired employee.

First recollect and find out the credit facilities availed by you and preserve the statements.  Then seek information under RTI from the Banks seeking a copy of the reports if any submitted to CIBIL.  Then pin point the problem and take up the matter with concerned bank or CIBIL separately through notices.

(The problem I think that there may be similar names)


Even if the name are similar the Pan Number, DL etc shold be different.

The bank has to supply the credit report  to customer against a nominal charge say Rs.50/-


Write to CIBIL to supply the name of Bank that has posted the report and write to BM/Circle head/Chairman of the bank and attach screenshots.



If you find the report in CIBIL is adverse to you, you may issue a legal notice to CIBIL to correct or the rectify the wrong details in it or can ask them to furnish the source which supplied the wrong details about you after which you can directly issue a legal notice to that institution  to rectify the erroneous details furnished by them to CIBIL. 

Failing which you may resort to further legal action either through consumer forum or civil court with a suit for damages.


The banks as per RBI guidelines and other codes e.g; Code of Bank's Committement to Customers, Fair Practices Code, are under obligation to correct the error at once.

If they don't you have a cause to agitate.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu