How to avoid supporting the siblings in demanding partition?

We are five siblings, one brother and four sister. Currently my elder brother occupies a parental property. My siblings have broken relationship with me since my marriage and it's been about 20 years now. I have zero contact with my siblings and their family.

Yesterday I got a call from a Lawyer's assistant saying me that my sisters are taking the legal route to demand partition in parental property and I should be present in the court for the same. {I said him, I am not interested, don't count me in this} He then asked me for my complete address because he will be sending me a notice. {I again said him I am happy with my life. I didn't gave him any details, and I told him I am not interested to be a part of this matter.} But even then, he is insisting me saying that it is a legal matter, and if you don't want anything from the property then too you will have to come to court and say that in front of the judge and there is no other way.

Please suggest me, how to handle this situation. I don't want to face my siblings nor I want to go to the court. 

Is it okie to completely ignore this scenario and get back to my life, without thinking about any notice or so.

Another thing, if extremely necessary of my intervention, can I just prepare a stamp paper document (stating that I am not interested) and send the same to the concerned Lawyer.

Please suggest.


Please support the genuine siblings in the partition suit. You have one brother as you said, go and meet him personally. Discuss with him about the case and inform me the same.


I tried talking to him, but he dosen't want to talk at all. I insisted him that I want to discuss this issue, still he is not willing to talk.


Obtain mutation record with all link docs and relinquish/transfer/gift your share by a valid/registered deed. The said deed may be submitted to court.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu