Get Courses and Combos at Upto 50% OFF!
Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     24 February 2010

How much is two plus two?

A businessman was trying to choose a lawyer, but was being very careful about it. He scheduled appointments to interview three lawyers.

At the first lawyer's office, after an initial exchange of pleasantries, the businessman said, "Okay, let's get down to business. I have an important question for you, and I want you to think carefully before answering. How much is two plus two?"

The lawyer raised his eyebrows. "two plus two is four." The businessman thanked him for his time, and proceeded to his next appointment.

The second lawyer, who was also a CPA, seemed a bit more particular than the first lawyer. After an initial discussion, the businessman again announced that he had a very important question, and asked, "How much is two plus two?"

The second lawyer went over to a computer, and entered figures into a spreadsheet. "According to my calculations, two plus two is approximately four." The businessman thanked him for his time, and proceeded to his next appointment.

The third lawyer sat behind a big mahogany desk, and smoked a cigar. He seemed rather self-important as compared to the other two, but at the same time appeared to be much more successful. The businessman again announced, "I would like you to answer a very important question for me, before I decide whether I should use your services. How much is two plus two?"

The lawyer pulled the shades, locked the door to his office, and asked in a hushed voice,

"How much do you want it to be?"

Learning

3 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     24 February 2010

Hmm.. I know whom that businessman chose among the three..  :) Good one, Sir..

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     24 February 2010

good one good two good three good four

or more.................................................................

Daksh (Student)     24 February 2010

Taking his seat in his chambers, the judge faced the opposing lawyers. "So," he said, "I have been presented, by both of you, with a bribe." Both lawyers squirmed uncomfortably. "You, attorney Smith, gave me $15,000. And you, attorney Jones, gave me $10,000." The judge the reached into his pocket and pulled out a check. He handed it to Smith... "Now then, I'm returning $5,000, and we're going to decide this case solely on its merits."

Best Regards

Daksh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register