Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

monika monika (self employed)     20 September 2014

How many hearings are required in high court?

how many hearings are required in high court to dismiss a 498 a quashing case ?

my friend is thinking for quashing 498a case in high court. he wants to knpw how many hearing r done/

Learning

5 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     18 October 2014

Better ask a palmistry or an astrologers not LCI. Honestly speaking,  no members of LCI can answer your query as it is like asking how many times it will rain in 2015.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     18 October 2014

I fought my own case i.e. quashing with speedy trial (i.e. 1st prayer for quashing if not granted then 2nd prayer for speedy trial) in-person(Without lawyer)

For me, it took 3 hearings / 3 weeks and with success. The judge did not quash but made time frame and directed the JM to dispose of the matter within 6 months from the communication of the order. also directed the to take action against de facto complainant if it is found that she has filed a false case.

From my experience, I can say, - It depends on the honesty of the lawyer and most of the lawyers are dishonest.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 October 2014

Mr Rocky Smith got decision in three hearings.

You may  or may not get.

I reiterate what Mr NK Assumi said

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     19 October 2014

I would like to add on Mr. Sudhir Kumar that if you appear with lawyer then you must need the help of palmistry / astrologers.

But if you move in-person(Without Advocate), you will win.

I hereby request all Indian people to learn basic law else you will be cheated for your own unawareness.

I think law should be a included as a subject in our school syllabus also.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 October 2014

I do not know if your caliber is equal to Mr Rocky Smith so I am not able to agree that

(i) In person appearance without advocate always hasten the decision.

(ii) Appearance through advocate always delays the decision.

If you feel confident you may go in-person.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register