Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghavender (Software Consultant)     13 July 2013

How do i submit evidence of emails in consumer forum

Hi,

I need to submit an evidence in the form of emails over a period of an year to Consumer Forum. How do I do it so that it is technically accepted by the Forum. 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raghavender

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     13 July 2013

I think there is no provision to accept the evidence of the parties in the consumer complaint by the consumer forum

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     13 July 2013

District consumer Redressal Forum has power to take the evidence of parties u/s 13[4] of Consumer Protection Act. file the hard copies of Emails and prove the same by affidavit.

(4) For purposes of this section, the District Forum shall have the same powers as are vested in a civil court under the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908), while trying a suit in respect of the following matters, namely : 

(i) the summoning and enforcing attendance of any defendant or witness and examining the witness on oath;

(ii) the discovery and production of any document or other material object producible as evidence;

(iii) the reception of evidence on affidavits;

(iv) the requisitioning of the report of the concerned analysis or test from the appropriate laboratory or from any other relevant source;

(v) issuing of any commission for the examination of any witness; and

(vi) any other matter which may be prescribed.

Raghavender (Software Consultant)     13 July 2013

Thank you Mr Bhartesh Goyal. I appreciate your time and attention, Sir. Regards !

mahendra limaye (Cyber Legal Consultant)     17 July 2013

You can take print outs of e-mail and submit the same.Electronic evidence is valid legal evidence and as explained above it can be accepted by Consumer forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register