Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

P R   19 December 2017

Home loan for married daughter & mother co-owning property

Hello there,

My mother and I wish to purchase a property together. She is a senior citizen ( 75) and has proceeds from sale of a house using which she wishes to purchase a joint property with me. Since the property price is more than that received from the sale of the house, I want to apply for a home loan . I am married and a salaried employee and the loan amount that I am requesting for is only 30% of the total value of the house. 

My father and sibling have agreed to give NOC from their end waving off their claim to the property in the future. What are the implications for loan in this scenario? Has anybody been able to avail of a loan in this scenario ?

Are there more documents that can help me prove repayment capability or make my loan case stronger? Please advise.

warm regards,

PR

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 December 2017

If the house sold by mother was her slf acquired/absolute proeprty the funds should be her self acquired assets.

Generically Speaking: In the house you intend to purchase and avail loan for the same there should be no need of NOC from other family members.

Or to give up their share.

You may elaborate why the requirement for NOC by lender is posted. 

P R   19 December 2017

Yes, the property was acquired by herself through her own funds. The Lender has stated that Married daughter cannot take a home loan with her mother being a co-owner. The NOC is supposedly to prevent any legal claims occuring on the property by the legal heirs , which as per them could be my sibling and my dad.

Is this a valid reason for rejecting the home loan application? Please advise?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 December 2017

From your last post it is assumed that you are a woman and married.

The secured lender has 1st right.

Of course in case of unfortunate even of death of one borrower/Co-borrower, succession opens however in case of secured lending, the lender's interest is safe.

This lender is extra cautious.

If you wish you can try other lender's.

Against Rs.30/ of loan your are pedging property of Rs.100/

You can have better options as well.

P R   19 December 2017

Yes you are right Kumar,  I am a married woman and am trying to avail this home loan for the property that I am seeking to buy with my mother. Thanks for your prompt reply. I am glad to know that this need not be a detterent to my loan application. 

I was worried since most of the loan sites put a co-applicant as a person with <60 to 65 years of age ( which in my case , my mother has to be a default co-applicant since she is a co-owner irrespective of the fact that she is 75 and will not be contributing to loan repayment) 

Let me see that the bankers have to say to this. Thank you so much.

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     19 December 2017

1. You can apply for loan and they will satisfy with your salary certificate.  

2. One co-obligant may be required.

3. Better take release deed from your siblings stating that  they have no claim over the property.

4. For more suggessions please visit my office in Bangalore.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 December 2017

Instead of loan sites; speak to the lender institution in person e.g; M/s SBI..

Pick up the best option.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More