Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KS Johal   14 February 2016

Hindu marriage act (2nd Part of Question)

Dear Experts; (This is the second part of the question that was asked previously); Brief repeated scenario: 'a known friend of mine a female has been forced to get married by her parents quite recently. She got married according to Hindu rituals'. Question 1: (previously I was told that it is a valid marriage even if the marriage registration does not take place). Does the registration have to take place within 21 days or not? Question 2: Quite recently she is continuing with her job. This means that her husband and herself are living separately. The Hindu ritual marriage has just taken place about 6/7 days ago. Now her parents are threatening her that they will forcefully take her to their own home town. Question: What can she do to stop this forceful transfer? Can an injunction be sent to her parents in stopping this action through the court? Please advise with your expert knowledge. Again I am thankful to all who spent the time reading this and in answering some or of all of the questions. Thank You. Please HELP.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register