Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neeladri Sekhar Nandi   11 October 2015

Hdfc credit card torture

September 25th, 2015

Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
Branches: Credit card Collection Center, Richmond Road & Salaried Account - HDFC Bank Industrial Layout, Koramangala

Dear Team,

It’s one of the painful and pathetic situation I am facing from past three months and continuous torture by HDFC bank for a Credit Card (5329730200284607) issued to me on December,2013. Below is what that made me take a painful decision.

Please Note : I have documents and payment receipts as proof:

Dec 2013: Credit card Issued (1 Lakh worth CC)
Paid Amount with interest Late fee etc before Settlement: 1.4 Lakh approx (have statement proof for the same)

As we all know that it goes nowhere once it’s out of our control and we keep paying money for no use,
July 2014: Agreement between HDFC bank and me for a settlement amount of Rs 79000 for 8 months
Very cleverly an employee/HDFC executive called me on Jan, 2015 and informed me to pay a lump sum amount to close it one forever. I paid 30000Rs (which made 63000 in total for 79000) and balance was Rs 16000 just before the Settlement closing date (Feb, 2015). So, I assumed as per procedure after paying 30000 which was told by the executive that it would show as balance settled with no outstanding left and I will be sent a Closure letter from Chennai.
They stopped further communications till July and no closure letter or a remainder was given which gives them a chance to increase the interest amount.

So, in July an executive called me and informs that its 91000 Rs due on Credit Card(For an 16000 Rs which is left and not paid just because their executive informed me in Jan it’s closed verbally and I trusted HDFC bank executive for that the interest which is shown as 91000 now for 6 months)
CC Value: 1 Lakh
Paid before settlement: 1.4 Lakhs
Paid after settlement: 63 thousands against Rs 79000 (Reason: They cheated me saying that pay a lumpsum it will be closed and a closure letter will be sent to my communication address being a 4 year banking customer of HDFC I  trusted the bank)
Now the biggest ever and heights of torture levels where they froze my salary account without any intimation and they kept HOLD of RS 89791 Rs without giving prior information to me.
Total payment So Far I have paid: 1.4 Lakhs + 63 Thousand = Rs203000 againt 1 Lakh limit
Onhold : Rs 89791
CC Period: dec 2013 to July 2014 (Settlement Date)
Being a single earning person in the family I am now left with -4441 Rs in my salaried account for HDFC misled me when asked the LADY collection Manager she replies " We can freeze salaried account anytime we want"" . All my existing liabilities got down and left with ONLY decision!!!

Please treat this mail as urgent and help me to resolve this because I need my AUG - SEP, 2015 salary as I have to pay my home loan and run my family and I have to take care of my father who is a patient.

Thanking You,
Yours Sincerely,
Nandi Neeladri Sekhar.
Ph:9739717331

Credit Card #532**************4607

EMAIL 2: 

Sent on October 5th :

Hi Team,

As informed earlier that the below said is completely unfair on a account of me paying 63000 Rs (instead Rs 79000).

I had to TRUST the bank on Jan,2015 for not paying the settlement amount discussed in the settlement agreement letter on July,2014 which is 79K in 8 installments. It is evident that this is a hassle which can happen to any individual when he agrees to pay what I can but did not because he was left puzzled by an HDFC executive in a verbal confirmation given to me " PAY a LUMP-SUM" and you will get a closure letter soon.

• What happens to the 63k which I paid. Why am I  paying 93 odd/change change again ?
  • Today , I received a call on 5:39 PM while I was on another call couldn't receive it +91 408909913 if that's the number. I tried calling back and could reach either.
  •  What about the money I paid towards credit card on/before settlement dated on July 2014 by HDFC bank?
  •  When I can receive a letter as on September 29th ,2015 why cant I receive a letter on Feb,2015 stating similar facts that there is still a outstanding on settlement amount if not paid will be void and bank will hold funds from my salaried account in written . Why the bank has to wait until Sep,2015 to hold my salaried account without any intimation ? Is it just to increase an interest amount and in turn spoil my hard-earned money?
  • Can the bank prove that the executive did not call me on Jan.2015, Please help me to give the recorded call on a day before 30,000 payment (let me know if you need the payment date too )?
  •  If I have planned for any future investments FD`s Mutual Funds etc in HDFC bank, Is their a TRUST word which holds good in this case or can they anytime take that money too?
Please ..please and Please look into this issue. My family completely runs on my salary and I am the only earning person helping my family in need.

Regards,
Neel.

EMAIL 3 : 

Sent on October 9th :

Hello Team,

As on today October 9th,2015 I see the credit card payment is recovered from my account attached is the screen shot with date and time.

I hereby request you to send me a closure letter to my credit card communication address at the earliest.I tried 
calling numbers at 2 noon at 080-67268001/67268002   but couldn't reach.

I don't expect bank to again raise an interest and call me next year to say you have again 90,000 Rs pending interest after sending this note to you and hold accounts with no fault of mine.

Insipte of HDFC recovering the funds from my account (screen shots attached again with date and time) I still see a negative balance to my accounts (screen shot attached with date and time).

*******************Please send me a closure letter ASAP*****************************

Regards,
Neel.
Card # 5329 **** **** 4607 

EMAIL 4 :

Sent on October 9th :

Hi HDFC Redressal & Pehredaar Team ,

This is one of the best examples or evidence I have as on today (I was not able to copy and attach the email I received in my G-Mail account) reason I had to voice out through out the mail chain below.

In-spite of HDFC bank recovering 87621.07 Rs today, due to lack of communication I received an email again to clear dues in my credit card. This is the way I am treated since last Jan-2015 till now.

Due to lack of communication between concern departments they end up putting blame on me every time and never listen to me or trust me to what I say.

At this point I have decided to take help of legal lawyer with this email chain and also it would be of great help to express my view if Pehredaar team can help me in this matter. 

As always I hope someone can reply back and help me in this regards. I am sure this can happen to anyone which can be avoided in future as every one has family and responsibility to take care.

Regards,
Neel.

Learning

12 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 October 2015

very long query

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 October 2015

You have posted that:

----"Very cleverly an employee/HDFC executive called me on Jan, 2015 and informed me to pay a lump sum amount to close it one forever..................................................HDFC executive in a verbal confirmation given to me " PAY a LUMP-SUM" and you will get a closure letter soon..........................................Can the bank prove that the executive did not call me on Jan.2015, Please help me to give the recorded call on a day before 30,000 payment (let me know if you need the payment date too )?"

You have already demanded the call log and you may add to demand the call conversation as recorded by the bank and telecom operator and notes/notings inserted by the caller from bank in its notepad.

If required lodge RTI thru RBI.

-----"HDFC misled me when asked the LADY collection Manager she replies " We can freeze salaried account anytime we want".

It is height of arrogance.

The requisite notice is to be supplied. Usually with a mindset of a habitual offender such indivisuals and establishments disptach notice on the day of expiry of notice.

You has email id and address registered with M/s HDFC bank and should have recived the notice thru effective mode e.g. email/Redg. Post.

You were allured to pay lump sum and get a discount of Rs.16000/ and get a valid closure letter.

You should also ask who got what % from amounts you paid and also from interest/penal charges to be recovered from lien and amount being claimed from you.

You have done enough and now would waste prdcious time and hard earned monies by remaining entangled with Bankers/personnel of M/s HDFC bank and their reply to you is clear.

You can try by escalating to MD and thus make MD a party as well;

Aditya Puri

aditya.puri@hdfcbank.com

You should approach an able lawyer specializing in consumer cases/banking-CC matters and pull the bank to DCDRF and demand to vacate the lien, accept its default, aplogise and pay compensation,and call back all communications sent to credit bureau's  e.g.CIBIL and cleanse your credit history...............so that there is no adverse effect on your loan taking ability................

YOU ARE UNLIKELY TO GET ANY RELIEF FROM M/S HDFC BANK.........................

IT IS BETTER TO AVOID BANKS THAT ARE NOT MEMBERS OF IBA,BCSBI e.g. Banks like M/s HDFC bank/ICICI bank (check their current status of membership) and that have been burdening the citizens with litigations despite having been penalized by courts of law for same offence again and again.

You can check at:

www.confonet.nic.in

Google

and various consumer help groups,NGO's,sites................

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 October 2015

---------------------Posted by error --------------------hence Deleted----------------------------

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 October 2015

Very long story and not a query, contact and consult a local lawyer.

Neeladri Sekhar Nandi   12 October 2015

Hi Every One,

Firstly, Thanks to Kumar Doab for such wonderful inputs from you though a long story you took time to go through and help me with the bullet points mentioned by you and give me proper work around. I had to post all the related E-Mails that I have sent to Grievence team HDFC Bank. I thought this is the only way I can express to what I am going through for past six months.I have escalated it to MD of HDFC bank as mentioned and they have reopened the case. Being a Siemens employee I am also trying to create an awareness of my case for them to be careful from my experience.

Rest of the Team,

I apologise to copy paste mails and I understand and value your time for me to avoid posting such long story and I will ensure to cut short and ask a query where you all can be helpful as always!!

Please consider my apologise.

Thank you all for your time and inputs.

Regards,

Neel.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 October 2015

You are welcome!

Even the MD may not provide full relief as there are set SOP for everyone in the bank and its most profitable CC and loan business..................

Consult your lawyer..................and your counsel may opine that DCDRF is the best option..................and civil suit with damages may be even more rewarding...............

YOu want to create awareness......................

Everyone should do that and retaliate.

Send your contact details by PM.

I shall be sharing whatever more is possible.

Neeladri Sekhar Nandi   14 October 2015

have received a call yesterday i.e. 13th October on 4:37 PM (Call duration : 43 minutes) from 080 6726900 and a manager from HDFC, Richmond Circle, Collection Department informed me to pay Rs 2826.62 (approx) to close the account and they will give me a Closure letter from Richmond Circle Collections department this month end. She also informed that she will send an E-Mail to me for my reference but still I am waiting for it and no written E-Mail was sent by her till today. As I was in office I couldn't recollect her name. 

Today again I received a call from another Debt Manager Sekhar from collections team Richmond Circle Bangalore from +91 88611591556 asking 5000 change , again a hassle by increasing an amount and false information. I asked him to help me with her name and he denies giving any information neither written nor verbal communication.I also asked him his E-Mail and he denies to it.

I am treated like a slave but not a customer here. Please help me out with a closure letter ASAP..

After paying the amount and agreed to pay Rs 2826.62 before 30th October,2015 and the same was agreed by manager who called me on 13th Oct,2015 and did not send me an E-Mail again I am being tortured from different persons with difference in amount.

All communications are verbally made and when I asked for an written statement they tell they will send it and they are not sending it.

Hope you can help me with another issue that I have again.

Neeladri Sekhar Nandi   14 October 2015

Addressing another hassle above.. I have few queries below: 

How can I approach a legal lawyer with my case. Should I close the account and go with a closure letter to fight the case ?

Can you all help me with a lawyer details in Bangalore who can help me to fight the case and I am even ready to create an awarness by approaching media if you advice me to do so and think its sensible ?

Regards,

Neel.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 October 2015

Did you record the calls or not?

Attach the recordings or minute the discussion to Aditya Puri as him to wet the minutes/recordings in writin to you!

You may just type;

HDFC bank in space to searc on bottom of right hand side of this page titled' Search Topics and Posts' and go thru many threads.

You may go thru:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp

and search other relevant topics at: e.g;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/search_results_custom.asp?dir=forum&q=harassment+by+recovery+agents+of+ICICI+bank&B1=GO#.Vh5EdG5-jMo

You may visit local consumer forum (DCDRF) and discuss with senior and able counsels specializing in consumer/banking matters.

The settlement is adverse entry in CIBIL and shall affect your loan taking ability in future.

Your lawyer may have a stretegy to resolve your issues.

Don’t forget to write to Aditya Puri about all calls and record all calls.

You may also go thru: ..............

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/search_results_custom.asp?dir=forum&q=HDFC+Bank+&B1=GO#.Vh5HIG5-jMo

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More