Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

blisteringbarnacles (Team Leader)     31 March 2014

Hdfc credit card bill payment problem

Dear Sirs

I faced payment problem with my HDFC credit card.

This was the mail i sent to them and i am not satisfied with their reply. Please let me know the next step.

I asked for all telephone conversation records and they are not helpful at all.

Thanks in advance.

Dear HDFC Credit Card Dept

I am a credit card holder. My credit card number is XXXX 6810 0249 XXXX.

According to my statement dated 5/3/2014 my total due amount is Rs 1X,XXX and minimum due is Rs 550. I have made the following payments: an amount of Rs 3XXX.14 credited on 5/3/2014 and an amount of Rs 7,XXX.86 credited on 10/03/2014 both of which totals Rs 1X,XXX.00, my total due amount; so all my dues as per the last statement are paid in full.

Some days ago, I received SMS saying that I have to pay Rs 550 before 25/03/2014 my last date for paying my bills. I called up Customer Care about this as I have paid all my dues. CCE#1 assured me that all dues are cleared and to “ignore” the message.

Now this morning on 26/0/2014 I noticed that Rs 550 was deducted from my savings account for payment of my credit card bill as I gave standing instructions to pay minimum due of every statement/month.

Once again I called up Customer Care, CCE#2 told me that as the first payment made on 5/3/2014 is a “refund” from a shopping site, it is not considered as “payment” and since I "don’t pay" my bills in full, the minimum due was deducted from my account.

I called up again and CCE#3 assured me again that the first payment made on 5/3/2014 was indeed recorded as “credited” into my credit card account as "payment". This is true because in my netbanking it was also shown that both payments are marked as "Cr".

Why are your Customer Care Executives giving me different advice? If a “refund” is not accepted as “payment” then what do you call it? Where is the money now because it certainly is not with me, and no longer with the shopping site, but with you?

I want transcriptts and voice recordings of all my telephone conversations with the three CCEs. Please send them to my registered email ASAP. And please resolve this problem ASAP. I am not going to pay extra amounts of money as “interests” because of your terms like “refund” and “credit” and “payment.”

Yours sincerely

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 March 2014

Any refund (thus credit) with its date of refund shall also be reflected with its date of refund, in the Bill of CC company (M/s HDFC Bank LTD in your case) of the corresponding Bill period and amounts payable shall be thus reduced.

You may also check with Shopping Cite Company on which the refund was sent by it.

If there is a variance then you may claim interest/penalty from M/s HDFC Bank LTD @ same as being charged by M/s HDFC Bank LTD e.g. 2.75%pm+ late payment charges+ Finance Charges.

You may also claim compensation charges as per internal compensation of M/s HDFC Bank LTD or approach DCDRF.

If the CCE, Manager-Credit cards, Nodal Officer are not intended to resolve there is no point in remaining entangled with them and you may escalate to MD of M/s HDFC Bank LTD Aditya Puri:

aditya.puri@hdfcbank.com

with a copy to:

Smt. Uma Subramaniam
Chief General Manager -in-Charge
Department of Non-Banking Supervision
Central Office
Centre I, World Trade Centre, Cuffe Parade
Mumbai-400 005.

Phone: 022-22153350

Email id: cgmicdnbsco@rbi.org.in

THE DETAILED DUTIES OF DNBS CAN BE SEEN AT:

( DNBS:  Dept. of Non banking Services)

https://www.rbi.org.in/scripttts/AboutUsDisplay.aspx?pg=Depts.htm#DNBS

As per various publications M/s HDFC Bank Ltd is notorious for not responding and providing/sharing/parting the data/information/record held by it.

All CC companies are notorious. One needs to deal with them with firm hands. 

blisteringbarnacles (Team Leader)     31 March 2014

thanks a lot for your prompt reply

will do as suggested

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register