Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rathisoft (Engineer)     04 October 2011

Having initials including father's & mother's name

Hi,

I am from Bangalore.

Recently I am blessed with a baby gal and want to have her named along with my name's first letter & my wife name's first letter (eg. babyname.BV -> where in 'B' is the first letter of my name & 'V' is the first letter of my wife) 

I think it is possible and there is no legal complications that may arise in the future.

Kindly let me know your expert views & thougths. Thanks a lot in advance.:)

Learning

5 Replies

K. GOPALAKRISHNAN (ADVOCATE)     04 October 2011

There will not be any legal complication.

For example refer names kept in Andhra Pradesh

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     04 October 2011

@ Author

There is no legal bar.

2. Typical South Indian names have grandfather / sometime village name then father name then comes baby name.  It is all parents wishes and law does not come into picture when following customs and traditions such as these are to be confered.

ramachandran (advocate )     07 October 2011

The question asked by the learned friend is very hysterical in nature. There is no legal impediment to have the initials of father and mother or mother and father. But in order to avoid confusions in future , even a birth certificate to be amended suitably to that extent and whatever the nominations you both i.e you and your spouse make in future , that should be in tune with the initials of the child you suggested.

Mohan   02 December 2015

Hello all, We registered our baby name as M.V.Nidhya in her birth certificate (M = Mohah father  name , V - Vidhya Mother name). On her passport how her name should be mentioned to avoid any future legal complications in India as well as Abroad?

Is it like First name: Nidhya  Last Name: Mohan Vidhya in passport? please suggest. I appriciate your valuable suggestions.

Vijay   22 August 2017

Hello Mr.Mohan,

I have the same doubt as you have. Did you get any solution for your query? Please suggest me

Regards,

Vijay J

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More