Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Harrasment by icici banks recovery agents

To All Honr.Members,

First of all i would like to inform all the members that i m grateful, that i came to know that such kind of site exists. I m happy to know that.

Now I would like to share my problem with all of my dear members,

I was working with top most software co.in Mumbai and was having 22000 salary per month, I have taken personal load and 2 credit card from ICICI bank. During my illness I spent all money and also swipe out my both card.

During the working period I was regular paid EMI and my credit cards payment.

We were living in Govt.quatress and after my Mothers sudden death; we need to vacant the government quarters as per their rule. Now we are homeless and living on a rental basis.

In recession I lost my job and now I m working here and there in small company with very lower salary that is 8000.

I was running through some personal loans and due to no cash inflow i was not able to pay the money to ICICI bank.

Once i received a call from there department which was a threatening call and then after 2 days there were 4 people who visited my wife school .she is a teacher and she is only income source 4 my family. they misbehaved with my  wife’s Admin staff, asking them to call her from her busy class. They also demand to fire her from her services.

They also called me to my native place and abused very bad language and threaten to capture the property.

Again they visited my old office and abuse my boss and hes secretary and my staff, they called 2 times at my office place and use abusive languages to my ex-colleague.

Now what should i do ? Help me out in it. As, now i won't pay them a single penny but i want to fight against them.help me out with the further proceedings...

Thanks and Regards

Vinod Pawar

Learning

45 Replies

Rajendra Shrivastava (advocate)     07 March 2013

you can lodge f.i.r. before police station under section 507' 354' 352'506 of indian penal code 1860 against those accused person and send copy thereof to s.p. police of your area.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 March 2013

You have posted that:

--“ As, now i won't pay them a single penny”

It may not be possible.

Bank may agree for settlement at reduced amounts which you may treat as compensation.

Did you ever represent to bank to reschedule your debt to EMI’ which you can pay or try settlement.

If you have such record bank should not have resorted to such tactics.

--“Once i received a call from there department which was a threatening call”

Did you record the call? Do you have phone number from which call was made?

All banks are legally bound to maintain the list of their recovery agencies on their web site, which is usually PDF file.

Does the name of this recovery agency is in such list?

--“ and then after 2 days there were 4 people who visited my wife school .she is a teacher and she is only income source 4 my family. they misbehaved with my  wife’s Admin staff, asking them to call her from her busy class.”

Did they bring any letter issued by ICICI bank (already dispatched for you) and did they wear any I .Card issued by their agency certified by ICICI bank?

Who has authorized them to come to your wife’s school?

Were you evading their calls? Are they calling you many times a day?

Has the lady and school staff lodged a complaint with police or school authorities?

Would the staff of school write in their statements to police what is mentioned by you in your post? If yes do that and put your feet on the tail of the bank’s managers and MD, Chairman. MD and Chairman should be made a party. Narrate everything .If you have recorded calls and witnesses it is better.

Your wide does not owe bank any money and usually staff is empathetic with women.

Even if they are not: it is intrusion and criminal intimidation in private/govt property and school should report it, until the lady or you stop them.

“They also demand to fire her from her services.”

They can not do it. Each recovery agency is under recovery manager of bank.

Find out who is this man and his superiors.

You have to either match their wits by your wits or surrender.

--“ They also called me to my native place and abused very bad language and threaten to capture the property.”

They can not. Did you record the call? Police will interfere if these agents are causing social nuisance, unrest, disturbance, attack, theft, threat, and criminal intimidation, so your complaint should be filed (Obtain acknowledgment and complaint number). It should be converted into FIR. Apply your resources to lodge complaint/FIR.

--“ Again they visited my old office and abuse my boss and hes secretary and my staff, they called 2 times at my office place and use abusive languages to my ex-colleague.”

Would they lodge a police complaint and be witness?

--“ but i want to fight against them.‘

Supreme Court of India Judgments on recovery agents of ICICI bank is attached.

RBI has issued guidelines on recovery agencies/collection calls.

If you can produce witness, lodge complaints and chase properly and effectively probably the license of agency and bank may be in danger. Police may have to file report and challan and there would serious implications for the agency and bank.

In such a situation one should approach his community, community leaders, compotators, MLA’s, Councilors, everyone, media and give the offenders good beating…….

It is recommended that you may obtain the counsel of your lawyer.

Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.

Attached File : 934718826 818336822 judgment on credit card 2.pdf, 934718826 818336822 4 4 private bank harrasment.pdf, 934718826 master ciculrar on credit card opration year 2012 71mccco300612.pdf downloaded: 4418 times

(Guest)

Dear Sir Kumar Doab,

Today again they called me to my wifes school and abuse her badly. So we went to Amboli police stn.I request them for FIR but police said we accept only NC.They called recovery agent from the police station but they said because of my personal loan we called wifes school.

Unfortunately i m using basic feature nokia handset which dosnt have recording facility.

We are very confused please help and guide me how to take next step.

Thanks and Regards

Vinod Pawar

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 March 2013

You can submit even a handwritten complaint or even by email, to SHO, SSP, ACP,DCP, Police Commissioner.

The Munshi of police shall issue complaint number on your copy and affix seal.

Even if police doesn’t act swiftly and fast this becomes a record.

Looking into response of recovery agents to police and police to you apparently they won’t stop and you are not able to handle them on their own.

To muster support in such a situation one should approach his community, community leaders, compotators, MLA’s, Councilors, everyone, media……..

For legal action: Approach your lawyer.

You must be knowing at least some of them.

You may even try by writing to MD Chanda Kochar, and remind her that her company has been punished by supreme Court of India.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 March 2013

thretening calls for police action and this will be a tool for settlement.

if any of the visitors poses as ex-policeman (which they do at times)  then do not forget to call polic eimmediately and his arrest with this statement will be evidence for initiation of pension proceedings if he is really a police pensioner.

(Guest)

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your help.

Today again they called me to my wifes school and abuse her badly. So we went to Amboli police stn.I request them for FIR but police said we accept only NC.They called recovery agent from the police station but they said because of my personal loan we called wifes school.

Unfortunately i m using basic feature nokia handset which dosnt have recording facility.

We are very confused please help and guide me how to take next step.

Thanks and Regards

Vinod Pawar

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 March 2013

Please also complain to the RBI against the bank.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 March 2013

ONCE AGAIN IT IS RETERATED THAT YOU MAY SEEK HELP OF LOCAL LAWYER. A LAWYER IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD CAN ALSO HELP YOU.

SOME NGO/SOCIAL SERVICE GROUP/WELFARE SOCIETY NEAR YOU CAN ALSO HELP YOU.HIGHLIGHT IN MEDIA.

You have posted that:

--“I request them for FIR but police said we accept only NC.They called recovery agent from the police station but they said because of my personal loan we called wifes school.”

As already suggested submit your complaint and obtain complaint number.

The police employee who called these recovery agents from police station and to whom recovery agency replied “because of my personal loan we called wifes school.”

Have you made a note of telephone number from which the police employee made the call and telephone number at which police employee made the call, name and designation of police employee?

The same police employee may be requested to record the telephonic statement of recovery agency in record of police station.

You may meet the Head Munshi( or any one who replies to RTI cell of police for application made under RTI) SHO and let this police employee speak the details of action taken by him.

You can submit a RTI application to obtain record from police station. The reply to RTI cell is to be signed by either SHO or Head Munshi of the police station.

If you succeed get a reply as mentioned above thru RTI, it shall be an important document in your possession.

Request the police SHO to accompany your wife with school staff to o/o recovery agency and let them state in person to police that “because of my personal loan we called wifes school.” Ask the police employee to look into the computers of the agency and find which manager of the ICICI bank has authorized this agency to get on you, and then obtain the phone numbers of this Manager of ICICI bank and pull him to police station.

FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL FELLOW COUNTRYMEN WHO ARE BEING HARASSED BY CC COMPANIES/BANKS AND THEIR GOONS AND GONDAGARDI, PLEASE NOTE AND PROCEED:

THE CC BUSINESS IS NON BANKING BUSINESS.

THE BANK HAS VIOLATED THE FAIR PRACTICES CODE SET BY RBI, CONDUCT RULES SET BY RBI FOR ACTION OF BANKS THRU ITS RECOVERY AGENCIES.

YOU MAY LODGE A COMPLIANT WITH:

Smt. Uma Subramaniam
Chief General Manager -in-Charge
Department of Non-Banking Supervision
Central Office
Centre I, World Trade Centre, Cuffe Parade
Mumbai-400 005.

Phone: 022-22153350

Email id: cgmicdnbsco@rbi.org.in

THE DETAILED DUTIES OF DNBS CAN BE SEEN AT:

( DNBS:  Dept. of Non banking Services)

https://www.rbi.org.in/scriptts/AboutUsDisplay.aspx?pg=Depts.htm#DNBS

YOU MAY ALSO LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH:

. D Subbarao
Governor
Reserve Bank of India
Central Office Building
18th Floor, Shahid Bhagat Singh Road
Mumbai-400 001.

022-22660868

YOU MAY QUOTE THE JUDGEMENT OF SUPREME COURT ALREADY ATTACHED IN THIS THREAD, AND HIGHLIGHT THAT M/S ICICI BANK AND OTHER CC COMPNAIES ARE VIOLATING “Fair Practices Code for Lenders, Master circular on outsourcing financial services and Master Circular on credit card operations and another Circular on ‘Code of Bank’s Commitment to Customers” WITH IMPUNITY DESPITE INTERVENTION OF SUPREME COURT AND RBI INSTEAD OF TAKING SUO MOTTU NOTICE ON ITS OWN HAS BEEN SLEEPING ON SUCH MATTERS AND ASK RBI AND CHANDA KOCHAR MD OF ICICI AND SUBBA RAO GVERNOR OF RBI:

“IS IT NOT CONTEMPT OF COURT?”

IT BOTH DO NOT REPLY PERUSE THRU RTI (LODGED WITH RBI).

THRU RTI ASK FOR DISPOSAL OF YOUR COMPLAINT AND RTI APPLICATION AND DEMAND EXAMPLARY PUNISHMENT TO CHANDA KOCHAR AND HER BANK OFFICIALS WHICH SHOULD BE DEDUCTED FROM THEIR SALALRY TERMINAL BENEFITS.

YOU MAY ALSO DEMAND COMPENSATION POLICY OF THE BANK AND COMEPNSATION FROM BANK.

YOURS IS A FIT CASE TO BE LODGED WITH HUMAN RIGHTS COURT.

THERE IS NO NEED TO FIRST GO TO COMMISSION WHICH IS ONLY A RECOMMENDING AUTHORITY.

THEN THERE ARE PLAENTY OF NGO’S/HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSIONS E.G. CHITRA .

SEARCH THE NEAREST FROM GOOGLE AND SPEAK TO THEM.

THEY ARE VERY ACTIVE AND VERY EFFECTIVE.

(Guest)

Kumar Sir,

Yes I have noted recovery agents telephone number its landline.I only know they are recovery agents but when police called them they said its ICICI branch no,so i asked them to bring your identity card and authorised letter If you are ICICI Banks employee.They talked to police that they will bring my loan papers in police station on wednesday 20th March.

As per your given guidance i m approching MLA in my area.

Hope you will also guide me in future.God will  give you all happiness in life.

Thank you again for everything you’ve done.This is extraordinary help for me.

Regards

Vinod Pawar

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 March 2013

Most Importantly you need a Lawyer…..and as ap.

You have posted that:

--“Yes I have noted recovery agents telephone number its landline.”

Have you prepared list of all calls with date and time,made to you till date.

Find out from Telephone Company at which the address where this phone number is installed? Say if it is MTNL any staff can provide calling list for last 1 year. Apply your resources and collect the evidence.

( Supreme Court of India:

Even if evidence is illegally obtained, it is admissible"

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Even-if-evidence-is-illegally-obtained-it-is-admissible-quot--73770.asp#.UP9oDjfZ1JI

)

If you can’t police can.

If police doesn’t ask the recovery agents to bring original and one copy of the bill and certify it in police station.

Put this demand in writing to police and recovery agents, and don’t budge till you get it.

Catch them telling a lie.

Recover agents can call from 8am to 8pm but can not call repeatedly.

They have to seek an appointment before they come.

As per the publications they maintain that they were called.

--“ I only know they are recovery agents but when police called them they said its ICICI branch no,so i asked them to bring your identity card and authorised letter”

The letter is sent by the CC company/bank to customer (in which the bank writes the full address/phone number/name of prop-manager of the agency) and collection/recovery agent or agency is supposed to carry the duly certified copy of such letter along with his/her I.Card duly certified by the bank and name of the certifying employee of the bank and his phone number is written on I.Card.

These agencies should register them under Shops and Commercial Establishments Act of the state i.e. SE Act of Bombay ( attached). The staff employed by agency should be trained by Bank as per training schedule/curriculum by RBI and they should possess training certificate.

As per Se Act of Bombay: payment of Wages Act applied to establishments, according to which (Sec13A) pay slip should be issued to all employees, all employees should sign it, and agency (shop) should maintain the record for 3 years.

As per SE Act appointment letter should be issued by the employer (recovery agency) to employees (agents). Whereas the fact is no appointment letter is issued to anyone, and neither the pay slip. The Inspector under SE Act can call the records in his office or inspect the records in shop.

--“ If you are ICICI Banks employee.”

It has already been mentioned that agencies are under one manager of the bank.

So this manager has to depose and if you prove everything wrong he shall be made the scapegoat by the bank.

--“They talked to police that they will bring my loan papers in police station on wednesday 20th March.”

They are slipping from your grip.

Some manager/employee of the bank shall try and prove to the police that you a defaulter and bank has done nothing wrong, so that your complaint is dismissed.

You will be painted as a bad guy raising false alarms and false complaints.

Whereas the whole matter is that bank can not resort to high handedness, can not touch or threat or coerce the borrower, leave apart his family.

Post Independence days of Moneylender ( Sahookar) and his musclemen ( Lathait) are gone, and to free the countrymen from the clutches of bad elements banks were nationalized.

In your case they have abused, threatened, harassed, misbehaved, touched the modesty of a woman (your wife) at her workplace which is not your workplace, or your residence.

Why don’t you seek advice and your wife lodges a compliant with Mahila Thana (ladies Police Station) of the area, and women commission and some NGO’s Ladies Wing, Istri Sabha, welfare societies working for cause of women, ladies wing of political parties…..

You have some time till 20th march in the meantime prepare well to put the bank on mat (floor) and defeat them. You need a crowd of sympathesizers to creat a noise and most importantly witnesses to prove bank entered the workplace of your wife and misbehaved, threatened, coerced, forced, abused a women…

“As per your given guidance i m approching MLA in my area.”

Ensure that MLA is not pro these agencies and any of his men is owner of such agencies.

Garner support of some prominent person of your localities and also some person who are shrewd, clever, seasoned and know how to handle such agents.

Speak to some of your known ones who are into a bank, recovery business and take tips on how to floor them.

Have you submitted a written complaint to SHO, DCP, Police Commissioner, DGP,

Ladies Wing of Police, and MLA, Minister of Home, CM and thru MLA to Minister of Home, CM etc….

And then media…

Some of the consumer help groups who have done good job are:

complaint@network18online.com

pehredar@moneycontrol.com

pehredar@network18online.com

@

https://www.facebook.com/Pehredar

www.creditcardwatch.org

Credit Card Holders Association of India

https://www.creditcardasson.org/RBI%20guidelines%20on%20credit%20cards.doc

https://ashisha.com/consumer/

www.grahakseva.com/

https://www.akosha.com/contact.html

You can download consumer court judgments involving this bank at:

Confonet

confonet.nic.in/

You may find the attachments useful:

RBI Regulatory mechanism for cards 62518

Bank can not be rude with customers: Speech_Usha_Thorat_Treating Bank Customers

And also the publications at:

https://article.wn.com/view/2010/07/10/Strictly_follow_guidelines_on_Credit_Cards_RBI/

Select your Background Color

Login Edit

Strictly follow guidelines on Credit Cards: RBI

RBI warns banks to follow fresh credit card guidelines

Deccan Herald2010-07-09

RBI issues fresh guidelines on credit cards

The Times of India2010-07-09

24% of banking complaints are from credit card users: RBI

Indian Express2011-02-02

Banks in credit card slip-up

The Telegraph India2010-08-01

Bank customer complaints: Cards lead the pack in 2010-11

The Hindu2011-11-14

Attached File : 502371773 rbi regulatory mechanism for cards 62518.pdf, 502371773 speech usha thorat treating bank customers.doc downloaded: 294 times

(Guest)

Kumar Sir,

Thanks you very much all the guidance u give to me.

I am following your steps,Hope i ll be sucesss

i ll write u soon .

Regards and god bless u

(Guest)

Happy to read this.........

Cobrapost Expose: HDFC Bank, ICICI, Axis Laundered Money.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 March 2013

Police has no jurisdcition to help them to recover loan.  They have to get order from court.

Police also has no power to allow them bullying tactics even if they have loan papers with them.

If you are able to approach your MLA you can get the police to ensure that they or anyone of their peers do not enter your locality or call you up.

icicibankcare (Bank)     07 May 2013

Dear Mr.Vinod,

We regret the inconvenience caused. Please send us your contact details at care@icicibank.com and our official will get back to you at the earliest. Kindly refer '4057041' in the subject line.

Regards,

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register