Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harpreet Singh (Partner)     19 February 2015

Gift tax/ capital gains tax/ income tax

Respected Sir/s

My father wants to sell a portion of our home where we live i.e my parents, my family, my younger brother's family. He wants to give me that money (recieved from selling that portion) to purchase a new floor for my family in my name. I'll move to that floor & relenquish my share in the old house. The old house is in father's name.

I want to know that will I have to pay any income tax or Capital gains tax on that money recieved with which I'll purchase the new builder floor ? 

If yes then sha'll I tell him to purchase the new floor in his own name & then Gift it to me i.e Gift Deed ? As i will not be in position to pay any income tax, capital gains tax or Gift tax. Will there be any stamp duty payable also on such transfer of money ? 

kindly reply early

with best regards

Harpreet

Learning

1 Replies

Harpreet Singh (Partner)     19 February 2015

Now my father says that he wants to transfer the portion of old house in my name through family settlement deed & then I sha'll sell that portion & purchace a new builder floor/ appartment for own living i.e. me, my wife & my son. Will I have to pay any kind of tax or stamp duty if do that.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register