LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jeeva bhardwaj (Managing Partner)     05 February 2013

Gift deed without donor signature but with thumb mark

i purchased A Katha site in bangalore, r.t.nagar area about 8 months ago by paying rs.50 lakhs to seller.before purchase of the site i shownthe papers to lawyer who even cleared it.now i wanted to sell and  i am finding diffuiculties like

1) A lady  purchased site in 1980 and gifted her site to her daughter in law in 2010.

2) tat lady has 1 daughter (married and has 3 children) and and one son(2 children) none has signed the gift deed

3)in her sale deed (1980's sale deed)she is signed in kannada and in gift deed she is put only thumb mark @ the time of registration.

4) daughter in law and son together sold the property to me and registered in my name.

5) i hold the mother in law's sale deed,gift deed and my sale deed(all original deeds) and all the papers pertaining to this property and i m in posession.

now my buyer's lawyer insists for her(mother in law) withnessth in sale deed or medical certificate of that lady is too aged and physically not well to sign

and he feels her daughter or grand children or herself(mother inlaw) may put the case

.i dont know how to get out of this situvation i need some advice.is my transaction is vaild or not

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register