Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vivek H Bedarker (A)     24 May 2016

Getting death certificate in case of natural death

Sir

My father is in very bad health. He has been discharged from hospital after having they tried to treat him for 2 weeks and doctors have informed that there is not much they can do. He has multiple organ failure of liver cirrohsis and lung fibrosis which is at last stage. They said it is just a matter of time. I am keeping him on oxygen cylinders at my residence. He is totally bed ridden now.

Already several relatives have come to our house and most of them are depressed are telling me to prepare for the eventuality.

My querry is that now he is no longer under any kind of medical treatment after his discharge last week and now if he expires then how do I get the necessary formalities completed like death certificate / doctor certificate before cremation. And is it needed for cremation.

I know my querry might sound odd but Sir I dont want any commotion or inconvinience at cremation ground due to any legal issue like death certificate / doctor certificate etc.

Please help Sir

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     24 May 2016

You need to get the death certified along with the reasons and time of death.producing that you need to cremate in some burial ground and also you must obtain the cremation certificate from the burial ground. Along with that and copy of ration card and residential proof you need to apply for death certificate at the Vao office

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 May 2016

Agreed with Expert.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     24 May 2016

UR father has not yet breathed his last,better think of the formalities later on.

Vivek H Bedarker (A)     24 May 2016

True sir. But as I said I should know what to do so as not to face problem after reaching cremation ground. Also his condition had deteriorated and I am the only composed person and others are only crying and depressed. I have to make all arrangements myself. Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register