LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajan kumar (Employee )     15 December 2013

General power of attorney....???

Hello i own a plot 20 years ago from attorney(expired now).........the owner of plot claims that i haven't given powers to sell plot without my signature......these were the points in GPA

1.to appear and act in all sorts civil criminal revenue and other offices in district

2.to appoint advocate or vakils to sign vakalats petitioners plaints written statements counter memo or appeal grounds in the officers departments and courts mentioned in clause 1.

3. to prevent sale4 deeds or documents or other papers signed by the principals in the registration offices in  district

4. to recieve documents and other papers from the above mentioned offices and courts and tribunals.

5.to take delivery of property or and to give delivery of possession on behalf of principals in pursuance of any sale transaction..

6. to admit receipts or consideration before registration offices on behalf of principals and sign receipts.

Note: does any line states that attorney doesn't have power to sell plot.....??

Learning

1 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     16 December 2013

1. The terms used by executant of GPA that "to prevent sale4 deeds or documents or other papers signed by the principals in the registration offices in district" appears to be against the attorney to sign sale document on behalf of executant. i.e., the attorney is not autorised.

2. Did you make an agreement to sell/purchase, if yes did you pay consideration ?

3.  If no, you are simply an attorny at the will of executant, which is valid till revoked or executant's life time. 

4. Engage a local lawyer

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register