LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sadasiva Reddy   22 May 2018

GPA Self sale agreement

I am planning to buy a plot in Bangalore location and its converted land and its middle of few other survey number properties.
The Plot which I am planning to buy, is belongs to survey number 63/2 and to enter into survey number 63/2 we right of way access issue. Please note that, we have to enter into survey number 62/2 first and then we can enter into survey number 63/2.
Due to this right way access issue, builder made a sale agreement on 9 April 2018 to purchase some land in survey number 62/2 ( which is green belt and agriculture land) and paid 99% amount for this property with one year time to make a sale deed.
On same day( 9 April 2014)  landlord given GPA to Builder for same property  (survey number 62/2).
Now the issues is sale agreement has been expired and builder did not do sale deed so far.  Now builder has only GPA and builder is saying that he will do sale deed on his name with GPA rights now.
So, can GPA holder do self sale deed?  I mean can he do sale deed on his name to property which he is GPA holder?

Learning

4 Replies

Sadasiva Reddy   22 May 2018

looking for urgent help on below query. Can someone please reply. Thanks in advance

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 May 2018

'Buyer Beware' applies to property deals.

IT shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able LOCAL senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil/DRT matters and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules/laws and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt , before signing or making payment.

This may cost some FEE but can defend long term interest and hard earned monies.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 May 2018

There are lots of tussles and difficulties being pointed out by you.

Moreover just for 1% the sale deed is not registered!

Then issue of easement rights is still stuck up.

However do anything after proper legal opinion as already suggested.

Generically speaking; One should avoid buying property with legal complications.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register