LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh   19 November 2017

Forceful collection of money

I have started living in an unregistered society recently.. They have started charging rupees 400 per month to pay to security guards.. When I asked about receipt they say we cannot give.. Now they are asking for another 100 rupees for cleaning of parks.. And they say if I don't give them this additional money they will not allow my child to play there...kindly tell what should be done to tackle this problem and will this be considered as a crime and if yes unset which law and law no... Please help...

Learning

5 Replies

Rajesh   19 November 2017

Under which law*

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     20 November 2017

You have to go to civil court and get an order restraining them from collecting money. As it is an unregistered society you will have to address each of the so called office bearers by name. You approach a lawyer and give petition in the court on a working day. Take the bailiff with the order to the individuals and serve on them.

Rajesh   20 November 2017

Ok thanks for the reply... I'm Curious to know that whether any registered society can force us to pay money if we don't want to..

Rajesh   20 November 2017

Ok thanks for the reply... I'm Curious to know that whether any registered society can force us to pay money if we don't want to..

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     20 November 2017

A registered society will have byelaws. The society can collect all money if it is in accordance with the byelaws even if, as an individual, you do not want to pay.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register