Filing divorce with 1 year due to adultery by wife

Dear All,

My friend marriage held on Jan 2016. He found helath insurance (family floater) policy of his wife with renewal of 3 yrs stating "spouse" and "housewife" to some other person before his marriage commences. She hided the fact and married my friend. My question can he file divorce with in one year and if so under which section? Pls save him. 


Your friend needs to file the declaration suit for the declaration of your friends marriage as null and void since his wife was already married.


Rightly adviced by Adv Rit Arora

Free legal advice and legal aid cell

He has to collect evidence whether she has already got married with some other person, when he married her and if so, he has to file nullity petition to dissolve the marriage by nullity. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:

web analytics