LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

renjith   30 January 2015

Fees dispute

I am a young person who run a small business. I did have a civil dispute with a friend of mine over an amount of Rs 6,00,000. I did approach an advocate and did file a case. Initially advocate told me that there will be a small fee and can be made a settlement very soon. But the case did take an year and no settlement meeting was conducted. I have many financial troubles and couldn't hold the case going longer. So i did call the opposite team and did talk for a settlement and the settlement was done out of the court and the court was informed the same. 

I paid Rs 32,000 to advocate for 8 appearance on my behalf.  ( in munsif court ) 

Now the advocate is calling me threatening to pay another Rs 30,000 for closing the case.

Why should i pay this big some when they had done nothing to settle the case and also the fees is too high for a munsif court case. i feel that i am being harassed. I have no money in my hand to pay. They threaten me to take me to court for not paying the fees. 

Please advice me on what i should do. I feel at times sad that i india everyone tries to make use of you and drain your hard earned money. 

Please advice me on the same. 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register