LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anand (proprietor)     14 September 2014

Father property

my  friends father had some 4 acres of  land on  his name which he acquired from his father ,my friends father sold that land some 18 years back just by signing on a white paper , my friends mother was not informed about this deal, this deal was fixed by my  friends grandfather and my friends father's brother ...what my friends family can do about this.

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     14 September 2014

If the property was your friends grandfather self acquired property, they he can dispose of the way he likes, but if the same is anscetral to him as well, then the sale is not good except certain circumstances wherein the Karta can dispose of the same. Advocate kapil chandna.9899011450

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 September 2014

Which personal/succession law applies to your friend: Hindu, Muslim, Christian........................etc.

The property is agricultural land or house?

It was self acquired by Grandfather or it was ancestral?

How did father receive the property from his father (grandfather)::: by succession, WILL, Gift deed etc.?

You may show the docs on record to lawyer dealing in such/revenue/civil matters and well versed with state laws too and proceed under your lawyer's expert advice.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 September 2014

Based on your information, it appears that your friend's father acquired his father's self acquired property either by a gift deed or family settlement/partition etc.  If so, the other family members/household members do not have any right over it or can claim a share out of it.  Better consult a local lawyer, show him the papers, take his advise and proceed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register