After the death of a person, his/her legal heirs may apply to the revenue authority of the area concerned for the transfer of the respective shares of the assets and properties left by the deceased, in their names.
The application giving details of the legal heirs as well as beneficiaries mentioned in the registered will left by the deceased shall also be annexed by a few below mentioned documents, such as:
1. Photocopy of will duly notarized,
2. Translated copy of the will in English, if it is in other language,
3. Liability affidavit of the beneficiaries to certify and affirm to abide by the rules and regulations governing the property and to pay the arrears towards the property,
4. Indemnity bond from the beneficiaries of the will to indemnify the revenue department from any fraudulent transfer,
5. Original death certificate of the deceased owner,
6. Photographs of the beneficiaries.
On receipt of this set of documents the revenue department, after verifying the given information, issues a transfer letter in favour of the beneficiaries of the will of the deceased.