LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tushar   28 January 2017

Farmer certificate

My family are displaced persons from former east Pakistan and all my relatives from our joint family were forced to leave as refugees during the 1971 war. My grandfather had a lot of farm land there but when they escaped into India they could not carry any documents or belonging. Most of my elders have since expired. Since my father came to India much earlier I was born and raised here. I now want to buy some farmland to start farming but was told I need to show proof that we owned farm land and we're farmers to get the farmer Is there a way I can overcome this requirement and get a farmer certificate. .

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     29 January 2017

Sir, 

To Purchase an Agricultural land in India, you need to be a farmer. In other words, you need to be the owner of a farmland located in India. But unfortuanatly your's is a different case, rather a rare case. But you can try with the Ministry of revenue to get the best possible solution.

All the best.

Tushar   29 January 2017

Thank you for your response Adv. Yogen Kakade Regards T chakravarty

Tushar   29 January 2017

Thank you for your response Adv. Yogen Kakade Regards T chakravarty

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 January 2017

Some States have such a norm. However, the District Collector has the authority in making exception in genuine and desrving cases.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register