LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sk   31 March 2015

Family problem

Respected all, I am defence personnel, married in May 2010 & have a 1.5 yr old son. I always be in too tense because of my wife’s behaviour. Sometimes she behaves like a child, no maturity at all. And when becomes angry she doesn’t listen anybody, let it be her parents or brothers. Only shouting & fighting. She threatens us to commit suicide by taking some weapon like item (knife etc.). After two months of my marriage I planned to take counselling from a psychologist & met the counsellor 2-3 times (both me & my wife). She (the counsellor) advised me for my safety to take opinion from a psychiatrist for my wife’s treatment. I managed her to take her to the psychiatrist in military hospital. After 2 reviews she refused to go again. Nothing change in her behaviour. She always wants to be with me but not in a peaceful way. She is too JIDDI also. She always fights with me for silly things. Whenever i scold her or say anything in anger, she cannot bear & becomes too violent that either she goes away from the house or threatens to commit suicide. Sometimes she uses to say, “Mujhe chhor do(divorce de do) mujhe aapke saath nahi rahna hai.” But i know she actually doesn’t want to give divorce. She always blames me for so many things that I am not doing actually. Now I am also fed up with her and don’t want to live with her anymore. What should I do? Pls help me. Also I want to know about NCR.

Learning

17 Replies

Ashish Dongre (Advocate)     31 March 2015

Sit with her and Discuss whats going on in your Mind and realize her that because of her behaviour what trama you are facing and give her some time to change things around her...if the situation remains the same...  Go for Mutual Divorce,

saravanan s (legal advisor)     31 March 2015

if she is not getting convinced for mcd file divorce u/s 13a hma on grounds of cruelty

sk   31 March 2015

@Ashish sir, i have allready discussed so many times in last 4 & half years. But no change. Pls tell about NCR. What problms i will face if i go for divorce on cruelty.

sk   03 April 2015

Pls reply anybody. I am in very tension. She always falsely blames me

sk   03 April 2015

she falsly blame me for the things like - I have relation with someone else, i wanted to abort my child, not taking care of child, i wants to hurt my son & her etc. that i m actually not done/ doing. she always thinks negative. I couldnot make her understand this. She always threatens me to commit suicid. Thats why i m so afraid.

sk   03 April 2015

At present i m at my place of duty while she is at my village home with my mother & my son. She always fights with me thats why i m alone here. I dont want to be with her so that i can live peacefully.

sk   03 April 2015

Pls advice me. If i report for ncr will police come at my home?

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     04 April 2015

it is very simple to decide about divorce but in your case a small kid is also involved so who will take care of the kid

mutual consent divorce means both decide for separation legally and jointly applying for divorce and has to file a petition on first motion and six months time period will be there for mediation through court appointed for reconcile and after six months again both has to appear for second motion were final decision of your both will be for divorce and court will order the decree

NCW is a national commission for women cell

The Complaints and Invetigation Cell of the commission processes the complaints received oral, written or suo moto under Section 10 of the NCW Act.

The complaints received relate to domestic violence, harassment, dowry, torture, desertion, bigamy, rape, refusal to register FIR, cruelty by husband, deprivation, gender discrimination and s*xual harassment at work place.

The complaints are tackled as below :-

Investigations by the police are expedited and monitored.

Family disputes are resolved or compromised through counseling. 

The State Commission, the NGOs and other experts are involved in these efforts.

The complaints are analyzed to understand the gaps in routine functioning of government in tackling violence against women and to suggest corrective measures.

(Guest)

IT very easy to break.  but life become compilcated for kid you and wife.  Think and make a move.  Sacrifice yourself for the sake of kid.  all the best.

Born Fighter (xxx)     04 April 2015

SK, no matter how much you talk to her and make her realize what needs to be done to save the marriage but it will be in vain. Your wife needs psychiatric treatment, she may be suffering from personality disorder (Bipolar, read about it on the internet and send me PM ). Her sudden mood swings, suicidal tendencies, extreme rage is dangerous, she could be a potential 498a candidate.

Don't go to the women cell, you will only inflate her anger and ego. You need to get elders involved to arrest the root cause of the problem, 

You could have experienced no involvement from her parents/brother in understanding your point of view, correct ??  Denial or refusal to accept the problem will never allow you to have a peaceful married life. 

sk   04 April 2015

U all are right but if my wife does something wrong & i will be in jail, then who will take care of my child? I am saying this because situation becomes so. I m not a persion who take any dicision without thinkng atleast 10 times.

sk   04 April 2015

@bornfighter, her parents also fed up with her because she doesnot listen anyone. Her behaviour is from childhood.

Ashish Dongre (Advocate)     05 April 2015

Contact Local Lawyer and filed case against her for divorce on ground of cruelty.Best of Luck..

Born Fighter (xxx)     10 April 2015

Sk, based on the facts mentioned ........I told u she needs psychiatric treatment. Your wife will never accept she has a problem nor her parents  bcos they would either don't know that such problem exists OR don't want to accept which would give you a ground to call them fraud for hiding such important information from you. Also they have transferred the headeache to you and expect you to deal with it as ur her Pati-parmeshwar !!

Your problem is your's and ur inlaws would not help you in any way it seems. Right now you gather evidences of cruelty by your wife & play safe.

Send a letter  (as a legal formality) to your inlaws mentioning the marital issue and seek their guidance and help, do emphasize on behavioural aspects of your wife and need for counselling/treatment if required. Do not directly mention she has a problem but say you would stand by her if she needs any psychiatric treatment. If you feel threatened give a copy of that letter to local police station so that in case of any suicide attempt or harm done by your wife  the police would know the situation.

In my personal opinion try your best to part ways mutually, even if that calls for paying up alimony , do it and buy peace as her behavior would never change, unless she undergoes treatment on a regular basis

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register