False dowry case

Dear Experts,

3 months back a false dowry case was lodged (fir). Now the police has subitted the report to the session court. So we wanted to know

- Can we apply for the "stay" in the "High Courrt"

- Whats is the possibility of getting the "stay" from the high court

- For how many years maximum stay we can expect from high court

- What are the benefits of getting 'stay' from High Court

I will be highly thankful if you can advice us on the above matter. Any other input will be appreciated.




1. You can apply for any relief but not in such case(s).

2. No, it is a criminal complaint where the High Court shall not stay the proceeding.

3. Maximum period is indefinite.

4. Pros and cons/benfit and losses of "stay" is a debatable and academic query, consult your lawyer or a tutor.



You had not mentioned that you are on bail,instead of stay fight your case on its merits and proved yourself innocent in it .

it is completely depends on what section your case is kept and no one can tell you how many days the stay is granted


Dear Sir,

Thanks for above information. 3 weeks back, district court has given interim bail for 35 days. So I want to know 

- Whats the possibility for complete Bail.

- How much Maximum bail District court will give

- What we can do from our side to get complete bail.

- Whats the possibility for not granting the bail by district court and sending in jail.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu