Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lov (professinal)     06 September 2013

False allegations for dowry and physical abusement

Hi,

I got married in Feb'13. In July'13, she went to her Parents house by saying she wants to see her new born Niece. After that she refuses to came back, by putting various allegations like medical unfit and I didn't give time to her. I already planned a holiday trip in July known to her and she asked to cancel her ticket saying that she is unwell and she wants to stay with her parents.We are ok with that. After we came from trip. Her parents with 9 peoples came to fight with us. We asked to patch up all the things. During period between Feb- June she went two times for a month each i.e March and May for Holi and Niece Delivery. She Asked us for a week but after a week without asking us she stayed for a month and gave various reasons but we didn't ask anything regarding this. I already replied to her father that it will take me sometime to adjust with her as its a very short span of time because I am a shy natured guy. But he is not willing to listen. During her stay in our house her parents interference is lot and they used to give instructions what to do or not. Anyhow during our meetings with her parents and relatives we said we don't want any penny from her house and we will not say anything to her regarding Households works and all. After the meeting her father phones came to us asked for Divorce but not on papers but we asked on papers. In the next few days she came with her brother ask some documents and belongings and we permitted to take those, I was not at home at that time, she stayed for 3 minutes and went away. After few minutes 100 number police and nearby police Station IO cames that an FIR is launched against us that we had beaten her and asked for Dowry. We clarified all the things and the case is closed saying that it is forged. I sent an informal letter that please don't spoil the reputation of our family and take a wise decision that if she wants to come she can come and if she wants divorce then please go through Amicably route on papers. In reply she files a same complaint in CAW cell. My parents and I already taken almost all the necessary steps to patch up. Please let me know what should I do next and what leagl actions I should take.

Regards,

LOV

Learning

5 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     06 September 2013

what is the problem is not clear from this query means 

1. what she wants a happy married life or hell in her life

2. parents interference normally in married life is common but that should be limit and does not spoil there own daughter married life

3. talk to there parents or as you told that 9 people came so choose from them a wise and elder person and discuss with him 

4. if you want even mutual divorce is not possible before one year because for divorce term only you should need one year 

5. to prove the marriage is void no chance after staying physically 

6. best option is to take a wise decision means discussion with elders and go for divorce legally and also meet a local lawyer of your area for better options 

(Guest)

Don't do anything as she simply want to Harass you on the conception of either her parents or her greedy lawyer.So,in this perception a wise man will never start a war with foolish lady by his own finance,in my opinion let her to start whatever she wants. If she files false cases then on basis of that move ahead to file divorce.My concern is here as you file any case against her the second day she will file maintenance cases on you.

As per your query your statement implicates that she is in need of seperation/Divorce with huge chunk of money.So,let her start first and watch her actions but don't miss to record all the nuisance.

Second thought:

If you are in hurry then take out the false FIR copy that has been closed.File for judicial seperation attaching this and draft a strong petition alleging the mental cruelity. done by her,as per your statement she will never join you after one year.hence you can go for divorce automaticaly after expiry of one year.

If she is not earning then we mentally prepared for maintenance that would be cost of you around 25%-40% of your take home income.

Third Thought:

Go to your in-laws house with spy cam,have a talk on whole issues as what they want,why she is doing all these,sort out the problem,50% you compromise and ask 50% to compromise her,hold her hand and come with her peacefuly and happily.

P.N-Spy cam is very neccessay  to record if they turn nasty and wild.

regards.

1 Like

Lov (professinal)     11 September 2013

Hi,

I want to know

1) If we prove that all allegations are false. How can we proceed and what actions can we take?

2) Can my relatives put a legal notice against her and her parents that allegations are false against her?

3) How can we get the complaint letter from CAW and RTI?

4) I am having all proof that she is telling false.

regards.

(Guest)

1) If we prove that all allegations are false. How can we proceed and what actions can we take?

opinion: If cases are false you can sought relief under defamation and perjury cases against them,you are even liable for divorce and no maintenanace to her if she has deserted you without reason,if she has done adultery.

2) Can my relatives put a legal notice against her and her parents that allegations are false against her?

Opinion: What legal notice? are you giving advertisement or what?

Just proove her case false and seek relief as stated above if you are eager....

3) How can we get the complaint letter from CAW and RTI?

Opinion: Send your lawyer or relative to caw cell and ask the same.

If not then get it through RTI.

4) I am having all proof that she is telling false.

Opinion: Then fight your case on merit.

regards.

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     09 August 2017

Transfer Petition Supreme Court Recent trend

These days Hon’ble Supreme court is not lenient in allowing transfer petition in favor of wife and is mostly dismissing these kind of petition and citing Krishna Veni Nagam vs Harish Nigam

In the aforesaid judgement the supreme court relying on Para-17 and 18 as mentioned below.

17. We are thus of the view that it is necessary to issue certain directions which may provide alternative to seeking transfer of proceedings on account of inability of a party to contest proceedings at a place away from their ordinary residence on the ground that if proceedings are not transferred it will result in denial of justice.

18. We, therefore, direct that in matrimonial or custody matters or in proceedings between parties to a marriage or arising out of disputes between parties to a marriage, wherever the defendants/respondents are located outside the jurisdiction of the court, the court where proceedings are instituted, may examine whether it is in the interest of justice to incorporate any safeguards for ensuring that summoning of defendant/respondent does not result in denial of justice. Order incorporating such safeguards may be sent along with the summons. The safeguards can be:-

i) Availability of video conferencing facility.

ii) Availability of legal aid service.

iii) Deposit of cost for travel, lodging and boarding in terms of Order XXV CPC.

iv) E-mail address/phone number, if any, at which litigant from out station may communicate.

Therefore the aforementioned guidelines were issued to all the High courts to make arrangements for video conferencing instead of transferring the petition, therefore dismissing all the transfer petition filed in the Hon’ble Supreme Court.

transfer petition के लिए चित्र परिणाम

But recently, I was successful in admitting one of my transfer petition in Hon’ble Supreme Court on the ground that the proceedings were vitiated by fraud.

In that proceedings the husband has deliberately filed the petition at a far off place only to harass the wife. the Hon’ble Supreme Court accepted this is a valid ground for entertaining the petition and issued notice.

There can be other grounds as well like-:

a. Manipulation of court records.

b. Attack on wife.

c. Petition filed to harass wife

d. Petition filed without jurisdiction by reading petition only.

For husband the judgement of  Krishna Veni Nagam vs Harish Nigam is a valid defense for husbands  for defending transfer petition supreme court.

By-:

Advocate Nitish Banka

Supreme Court of India

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register