Extra charges demanded by society for sub letting my flat.

Dear Sirs ,
I have Flat in cooperative Housing Society in Thane District.
I have given the Flat on Rent and the the society is demanding extra charges over and above the NON OCCUPANCY charges.
Society informs that these charges are passed in AGM .
Here under are the extra charges :-
"" RESOLVED that NON OCCUPANCY CHARGES be charged at 10 %  of monthly outgo – property taxes.  Further, it is resolved that entry be prohibited to those who do not comply with the provisions of Bye-law 43 before parting possession. Further, it is resolved that to defray the costs of processing, usage of infrastructural facilities for transportation of belongings in and out,  a facilitation charge of Rs. 2,000/- be collected at every 11 months/renewal/new entrant beforehand. These charges are covered under Bye-law 67(a)(xvi). Owner will have to deposit INR 10,000 as an interest free security deposit , refundable after tenant vacates the premises. ""
Manager writes to me ;
"" Request you to immediately clear above 12000 the outstanding  to enable the Society to give NOC to your sublettee.""

Please inform if we have to pay these above charges.
Otherwise society informed that NOC will not be issued for my
Your urgent reply is please requested to help me to deal with society .
If you say these charges correct and I have to pay these charges to society  then I will pay.
Thank you
Kind Regards
Senior citizen 

Sir, Non-occupancy charges should be 10% of the maintenance charges less property tax. The extra charges passed at the AGM should be sent to the Registrar of CHS for sanctions and can be implemented only after the due sanctions. Kishor Mehta

Total likes : 1 times


freelance journalist

Non Occupancy Charges is 10% of the monthly maintenance, exclusive of municipal taxes which includes water tax, and any other government taxes. Usually there are few cases as that of yours wherein the managing committee are arrogant and rigid in their thinking and want to put their hands in others pockets. it is human jelousy due to selfish attitudes. In such cases, you must initiate in writing your grievance to the Sub-Registrar of your Thane jurisdiction with all relevant xerox copies of the maintenance bills, written notice from the chairman/Secretary wherein he is asking for extra dues over and above the stipulated 10% NOC charges. The sub-registrar will then direct the chairman / secretary not to overcharge the members. You may either send it by registered AD or by hand delivery by taking an acknowledgement for your future reference. This will sort out your matter and the arrogant members of the managing committe will come down to earth. wish you all the very best.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu